Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Merge Collector verses standard Collector??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Best price I've seen on these is 300 a pop....anyone install these on thier header system?
Brad Roberts
You have to post the pic.

We just received some "cheaper" pieces from a NorCal place today that supplies S-Car-Go. Good parts and cheaper than Burns... plus they are semi local.

B
Mueller
IPB Image
Mueller
IPB Image
Mueller
IPB Image
Mueller
Car Craft Magazine Article

Very interesting reading here folks....
Brad Roberts
Good stuff, but those collectors are shit compared to the company in SAC. If I cant help you.. buy it from here:

http://www.spdexhaust.com/

B
r_towle
Is there a significant difference between a 4 into 1 system versus two...two into one systems on a Type 4 engine??

Rich
Brad Roberts
Rich,

It just takes more time to assemble. I personally feel the two/two into 1 is the hot ticket, but not by much. It maximizes the amount of scavenge available where the 4 into 1 leaves some on the table.

B
anthony
Is Mueller doing a V8 conversion? I read the article. The merge collector only resulted in a 11hp boost on a 517hp engine. That's a 2% improvement. Could anyone possible feel an 11hp difference on a 517hp engine?
Brad Roberts
No. You cant feel 11hp. You might feel 10lbft of torque though..

Anthony,

Sales are produced these days with "claims" and numbers mixed in with some advertising hype.

B
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Mar 31 2003, 05:00 PM)
Sales are produced these days with "claims" and numbers mixed in with some advertising hype.

What?!?!?

Ya mean those big red fuel rails and the K&N filter kit isn't going to give me the 20HP+ that they said it would?!?!?!

rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.