Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 914-6 fs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
curtis
Hey guys, I am kind of new to posting ads on the club site and have not got together with my wife aka the computer wiz to get pictures posted but please bear with me I will get them up ASAP. Anyhow I am putting my six on the chopping block in order to purchase another car because I dont have the garage space for two. The car is a black (original color) 1970 factory 914-6 with a euro spec 3.0 liter and the factory 914-6 trans with taller 4th and 5th gears to better accomadate the 3.0 at freeway speeds. Inside the cabin theres a rennshifter(older model without reverse lockout) with momo shift handle(stock one comes with car and is in near mint condition).Theres a konig drivers seat and late model e-brake with a momo monte carlo steering wheel. The dash and dash face all have fresh material and are in m int condition, with a blaupunkt atlanta cd plaver.There are no ripps or taers anywhere in the interior including the targa bar pad.Oh yeah the interior color is black(leather).Carpets show as new but I am not sure how old they are ,thats how I purchased the car. The outside of the car is also black,its about a 7.5-8 out of 10 but Im pretty anal so Im not sure how to precisely judge it. There is only 2 little nickle size dents in the whole car but there are a few very minor dings(scatches) through out the car which is normal for anything that is driven on the street.The wheels on the car are deep 6s that are polished with pirelli p6000 205-60-15 and bilstien suspension on all four corners with a complete 911 SC suspension up front including brakes of course. Rotors are drilled and all for brake calipers were rebuilt. To help with cooling Hirschel Riley and myself added a external oil cooler in the nose of the car with stainless braided lines and aero quip an fittings and a mocal 180 degree thermostat. Overall the car runs and drives like a dream but I found another car that I just cant seem to get out of my pee brain mind so I just have to get it and so hence the reason for sellin the six. asking 30,000.00 will post pics soon! ps check the RONandGLENN swapmeet and snow valley autocross threads for pic in the meantime. Thanks guys
Joe Bob
914/6 in black is a rare bird. Got a VIN# and any other provenance on the ride?

curtis
QUOTE(mikez @ May 3 2009, 07:32 PM) *

Hey Mike, the vin# is 9140431673
curtis
QUOTE(curtis @ May 3 2009, 07:45 PM) *

QUOTE(mikez @ May 3 2009, 07:32 PM) *

Hey Mike, the vin# is 9140431673

Also forgot to mention in the original ad that a factory 640 case numbered engine case halfes comes with car. The car is by the way a narrow body with a bone stock sleeper look to it . All the valances are stock steel including the rare six port hole valence in the rear. All rubber is either new or near new condition and the chrome bumpers are in mint condition wit new fog light grills. The only real complaint I realy can think of is the original windshield should have been replaced the last time the car was re-painted.(its pitted)
Lou W
Hi Curtis, sad to see it go, it's absolutely beautiful.
curtis
QUOTE(Lou W @ May 3 2009, 10:16 PM) *

Hey Lou, thanks for the kind words and thanks for posting the pic from the swapmeet! You rock!
Cairo94507
That is one beautiful six!
jim_hoyland
I've seen this beautiful six many times; it's well worth the price, if you want a pristine car. I'd be a buyer, if I didn't have my current 914.
Heeltoe914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 12 2009, 07:22 PM) *

I've seen this beautiful six many times; it's well worth the price, if you want a pristine car. I'd be a buyer, if I didn't have my current 914.

+1 +2 +3

the last two R & G events I am running around buying parts never time to look at cars. But this one always stops me in my tracks. I look and smile at this car nice work and a very nice upfront guy. I think the paint is more like a 9 But?? Very nice Eng. install. I Hope you cant get the other car unless its a P-car. or you will be back.
Cairo94507
I would love to see some detailed pictures of all of this beautiful car. You know, engine, interior, underneath, trunks, etc. PLEASE.
curtis
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 15 2009, 05:36 PM) *

I would love to see some detailed pictures of all of this beautiful car. You know, engine, interior, underneath, trunks, etc. PLEASE.

Thanks for the kind words guys and yes I am working on geting some pics up on the board here of evrything from top to bottom on this car so there is no mystery as to what it is or isnt.
Cairo94507
Thank you sir. popcorn[1].gif
dw914er
don't do it shawn

btw, it is a sweet car. the 3.0 just flies!
curtis
I don't know why my wife is having trouble uploading the photos of the 6 on here, but she put them on her msn page.....so here is the address. Hope this works!!!

http://cid-b2e1ee213bcee6ba.skydrive.live....owse.aspx/914-6

Just copy the above and paste in on your browser/address and it will take you to the pics.
curtis
icon_bump.gif bye1.gif
curtis
QUOTE(curtis @ Jun 20 2009, 12:09 AM) *

icon_bump.gif bye1.gif

nuther icon_bump.gif for the month.
scraperhand
Did you sell the car curtis
jim_hoyland
It was sold last year....
Lavanaut
Once again for sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=110976244611
carr914
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Nov 13 2012, 12:59 PM) *

Once again for sale:

Where the heck have you been?

bye1.gif
914Sixer
Gee, I do not remember seeing the 914/6 that is ORIGINAL with a 3.0 motor.
curtis
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 15 2012, 04:49 PM) *

Gee, I do not remember seeing the 914/6 that is ORIGINAL with a 3.0 motor.
I miss that car! drunk.gif sad.gif
FrogMut
QUOTE(curtis @ May 3 2009, 05:29 PM) *

Hey guys, I am kind of new to posting ads on the club site and have not got together with my wife aka the computer wiz to get pictures posted but please bear with me I will get them up ASAP. Anyhow I am putting my six on the chopping block in order to purchase another car because I dont have the garage space for two. The car is a black (original color) 1970 factory 914-6 with a euro spec 3.0 liter and the factory 914-6 trans with taller 4th and 5th gears to better accomadate the 3.0 at freeway speeds. Inside the cabin theres a rennshifter(older model without reverse lockout) with momo shift handle(stock one comes with car and is in near mint condition).Theres a konig drivers seat and late model e-brake with a momo monte carlo steering wheel. The dash and dash face all have fresh material and are in m int condition, with a blaupunkt atlanta cd plaver.There are no ripps or taers anywhere in the interior including the targa bar pad.Oh yeah the interior color is black(leather).Carpets show as new but I am not sure how old they are ,thats how I purchased the car. The outside of the car is also black,its about a 7.5-8 out of 10 but Im pretty anal so Im not sure how to precisely judge it. There is only 2 little nickle size dents in the whole car but there are a few very minor dings(scatches) through out the car which is normal for anything that is driven on the street.The wheels on the car are deep 6s that are polished with pirelli p6000 205-60-15 and bilstien suspension on all four corners with a complete 911 SC suspension up front including brakes of course. Rotors are drilled and all for brake calipers were rebuilt. To help with cooling Hirschel Riley and myself added a external oil cooler in the nose of the car with stainless braided lines and aero quip an fittings and a mocal 180 degree thermostat. Overall the car runs and drives like a dream but I found another car that I just cant seem to get out of my pee brain mind so I just have to get it and so hence the reason for sellin the six. asking 30,000.00 will post pics soon! ps check the RONandGLENN swapmeet and snow valley autocross threads for pic in the meantime. Thanks guys

Hey Curtis, Looks like I am buying your P car from Donny. Got any stuff laying around that I could purchase?
naro914
Curtis
You mentioned in one of your posts that back then, you had the original engine case halves. Do you by chance know what the engine number was? (640xxxx).

I'm trying to match up the engine case I have to the correct chassis...

thanks
Cairo94507
FrogMut- That is a beautiful six.
Gint
QUOTE(curtis @ May 4 2009, 06:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Lou W @ May 3 2009, 10:16 PM) *

Hey Lou, thanks for the kind words and thanks for posting the pic from the swapmeet! You rock!

I think I was at that swap meet. Don and Glen's right? What year?
curtis
QUOTE(FrogMut @ Nov 21 2012, 10:51 AM) *

QUOTE(curtis @ May 3 2009, 05:29 PM) *

Hey Curtis, Looks like I am buying your P car from Donny. Got any stuff laying around that I could purchase?
No sorry. All my 914 stuff is gone.
curtis
QUOTE(naro914 @ Nov 21 2012, 08:39 PM) *

Curtis
You mentioned in one of your posts that back then, you had the original engine case halves. Do you by chance know what the engine number was? (640xxxx).

I'm trying to match up the engine case I have to the correct chassis...

thanks
No sorry, I dont remember the case number off the top of my head.
mettelman
Your 914/6 is back on eBay. I guess it either didn't make the reserve or the buyer flaked
Nine_14
agree.gif
Cairo94507
That car had better sell in the mid 30's. If I did not already have my '71 I would have snapped that one up in a flash. It is a beautiful car and though I would really like the matching number engine I want to drive it the injected 3.0 is a great engine.
Gint
Got link to the eBay ad?
Nine_14
Now sold on ebay ? Didn't followed the auction to the end.
mettelman
QUOTE(Nine_14 @ Dec 4 2012, 02:59 PM) *

Now sold on ebay ? Didn't followed the auction to the end.

Didn't make reserve. Sold post-auction ... headed East (to a good home)
Cairo94507
Glad it is staying in the US - sad it is going east. I would have enjoyed seeing it buzzing around the Bay Area. Exceptional car.
mettelman
The "Black Pearl" arrived in New York today. It was exactly as described ... and is an absolute blast to drive with that 3.0L SC engine. piratenanner.gif
Nine_14
first.gif driving-girl.gif first.gif

beerchug.gif

have fun
NJ914Guy
Congrats Ed - glad to see she made it safely to the east coast beerchug.gif
Gint
Grats! That's a nice 914.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.