Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sacramento Machine Shops?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skeates
Hey all, I'm looking for a good machine shop to use for my up-coming engine rebuild. Any recommendations? I'm fairly new to Sacramento and don't know which local shops know what they're doing when it comes to air cooled motors.

Thanks!

- Steven
porschecb
QUOTE(skeates @ May 3 2009, 06:34 PM) *

Hey all, I'm looking for a good machine shop to use for my up-coming engine rebuild. Any recommendations? I'm fairly new to Sacramento and don't know which local shops know what they're doing when it comes to air cooled motors.

Thanks!

- Steven

Wow! Sac. People all over the place! Come to the Backdating Bumper & BBQ on the 9th!

You will learn & and know who to see!
ConeDodger
Steven,
Your choices are few... For one, there is a machine shop that belongs to one of the kids of Frank from Franks Automotive. There may be a machine shop connected to the engine side of Bugformance off of Bus. 80. There are Bay area shops too...
Michael is right though. You should come to the BBQ or one of the Sacramento Family Reunion Events and get connected with your community. McMark has shops he uses I would imagine. He is in Sonoma. It is 70 miles but worth the trip...
McMark
Unfortunately, quality machine shops are hard to find, and ones which are local is even harder.
skeates
That's a bummer to hear...I suppose I've got a little while to keep looking though, before I get to that point.

Thanks for the invite porschecb, I'll see what I can do about making it to the BBQ, what time do the festivities start?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.