Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What kind of monsters have you created
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
evangojason
I just can't get enough of these builds. What motor are you running? what modifications? 1/4 or 1/8th mile times? What mod or custom work are you most proud of? What would you have done different? Pictures are a must of corse! Hope to see a wide varity.
6freak
QUOTE(evangojason @ May 5 2009, 09:38 AM) *

I just can't get enough of these builds. What motor are you running? what modifications? 1/4 or 1/8th mile times? What mod or custom work are you most proud of? What would you have done different? Pictures are a must of corse! Hope to see a wide varity.

1/4 or 1/8 confused24.gif Porsches dont do drag race`n very well ...Mine dont anyway
SirAndy
QUOTE(6freak @ May 5 2009, 11:28 AM) *

1/4 or 1/8 confused24.gif Porsches dont do drag race`n very well ...Mine dont anyway

agree.gif

Add some curves to that and we're talking. driving.gif

See the link in my signature for my "monster" ...
wub.gif Andy
iamchappy
See link to my monster.
6freak
I did creat a monster one time but it had nothing to do with cars...if ya show up at WCR i will elaborate
URY914
Mine is still mostly stock.... biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Click on the links in my signature.
- -
\!/
evangojason
Im basicly just looking to see what stuff has been "different" compared to other biulds and what things work, what things didnt and what could have been done different
Lou W
QUOTE(URY914 @ May 5 2009, 01:30 PM) *

Mine is still mostly stock.... biggrin.gif

lol-2.gif
wbergtho
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

I built an LS6 powered monster and it ran 11.28 @ 132mph in the 1/4. It ran 7.4 @ 100mph in the 1/8th. BTW, I had a 930 gearbox and hit the quarter still in 3rd gear! All these figures are on street tires and would most likely be in the high 10's on drag rubber.
evangojason
wow! nice looking car! exactly what i was looking for.
Phoenix-MN
Click on my link

Click to view attachment
jaybird840
Well, mine's not exactly a monster, but it's definitely not stock. Major mods include the 2.7RS six that's currently under construction. Lowered, flared, 18x8's up front and 18x10's out back. Rebuilt the gearbox last year. Carrera front suspension with S calipers. Eric Shea trailing arms with Elephant Racing bushings. Itty bitty Momo steering wheel. It's a start, anyway....

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
plymouth37
Click on my link below...
evangojason
anklebiter is pure art! I've read it many time. Is there anybody willing to tell what they would do different?
RJMII
Here's my build thread:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=89636&st=0

The things I would have done different would be to make the downpipe fit a little bit better off of that turbo, and not wasted my money on the intake plenum that didn't fit.
SirAndy
QUOTE(evangojason @ May 6 2009, 07:36 PM) *

Is there anybody willing to tell what they would do different?

Go to bare metal and do a full ground up restoration instead of cutting corners.

Basically, just throw more money at it, i guess ...
rolleyes.gif Andy
Maltese Falcon
Click to view attachment

I put 500,000 miles on this monster: a 3.2 six installed into an all wheel drive VW. It doesn't drag race or road race, but goes thru sand, mud and streams like a bad habit smile.gif
Marty
evangojason
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ May 7 2009, 12:12 AM) *

Click to view attachmentI put 500,000 miles on this monster: a 3.2 six installed into an all wheel drive VW. It doesn't drag race or road race, but goes thru sand, mud and streams like a bad habit smile.gif
Marty

that sounds like a hell of alot of fun. 500,000? impressive!
computers4kids
I didn't build a monster, or even a tiger....just a kitten. Meow, Meow.
IPB Image
IPB Image
evangojason
QUOTE(wbergtho @ May 6 2009, 01:08 PM) *

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

I built an LS6 powered monster and it ran 11.28 @ 132mph in the 1/4. It ran 7.4 @ 100mph in the 1/8th. BTW, I had a 930 gearbox and hit the quarter still in 3rd gear! All these figures are on street tires and would most likely be in the high 10's on drag rubber.

Who says 915 cant drag race? sounds pretty good to me
tomeric914
Monster? Sand, mud and streams? Well maybe not so much anymore. It's only got a 2270 T4 in it... meh.

I've had this car for 24 years now. The first T4 motor went in about 22 years ago.

IPB Image
Jax914
QUOTE(tomeric914 @ May 7 2009, 12:58 PM) *

Monster? Sand, mud and streams? Well maybe not so much anymore. It's only got a 2270 T4 in it... meh.

I've had this car for 24 years now. The first T4 motor went in about 22 years ago.

IPB Image

Dude! Do you live in Jacksonville FL??? Cause that car or it's twin is in my neighborhood...

Troy
tomeric914
QUOTE(Jax914 @ May 7 2009, 01:40 PM) *

Dude! Do you live in Jacksonville FL??? Cause that car or it's twin is in my neighborhood...

Nope, I'm about 1000 miles north of Jacksonville and its in my garage. Snap a pic if you get a chance!
marks914
Not a monster, but pretty fun overall.
425HP Chevy DZ 302 ( I could get more power with longer headers, a bigger carb and some tuning, but it drives nice now). Had it on the dyno last summer at an even here at work, 375 at the wheels, so about 425 at the crank.

Best I have done is 12.1 in the 1/4 on street tires, not too bad for a what I have in it. Love to drop it in 2nd on the freeway and spin it up.

Mark

IPB Image

IPB Image
roadster fan
QUOTE(computers4kids @ May 7 2009, 06:39 AM) *

I didn't build a monster, or even a tiger....just a kitten. Meow, Meow.
IPB Image
IPB Image

Hey Mark,

You are bringing this to WCR09 aren"t you? I wanna see!

Jim
6freak
QUOTE(tomeric914 @ May 7 2009, 09:58 AM) *

IPB Image

super cool bug aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.