Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally got a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
barada
I started looking about a year and a half ago. For the last 10 months I had been checking pretty daily for a good solid 914. I must have missed about 5 pretty good deals and finally decided that shipping would probably be the best route as all the ones down here had rust. This one I got from here and had it shipped from Texas. It is pretty much rust free. So far I have done a run down of what it will need and it is in pretty good shape, but it will need rubber for the doors and top to seal it off better. Thanks for all the help so far.
Phillip

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

carr914
Congratulations, you are now an Official Member of our Dysfunctional Family.

T.C.

GeorgeRud
welcome.png

It looks like you got a nice one! I like the backdated green 911 in the garage as well! The seals should be available through the usual sources (AA, Pelican, etc.)
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(barada @ May 5 2009, 07:20 PM) *
I started looking about a year and a half ago. For the last 10 months I had been checking pretty daily for a good solid 914. I must have missed about 5 pretty good deals and finally decided that shipping would probably be the best route as all the ones down here had rust. This one I got from here and had it shipped from Texas. It is pretty much rust free. So far I have done a run down of what it will need and it is in pretty good shape, but it will need rubber for the doors and top to seal it off better. Thanks for all the help so far.
Phillip

Looks like you did well! Do you think the 2 classics in the rear could wiggle a few feet to let the lowly 814 in the garage? If not, park it in front of them, so they can't get loose!

Welcome to the "refined" absurdity.
Pat
porschecb
welcome.png So thats what happend to GM! biggrin.gif idea.gif
Lou W
welcome.png Great find. smile.gif
dlo914
QUOTE(porschecb @ May 5 2009, 06:42 PM) *

welcome.png So thats what happend to GM! biggrin.gif idea.gif

That's trojan boy dads' previous car, right?
type47
I think this is the car listed for sale here. This is a 1.8L right? I thought the car was an excellent example and a smokin' deal. I'm glad someone here bought it, have fun!
blitZ
Nice looking car. I'll look forward to meeting you at one of our local get togethers.
markb
welcome.png
I'd like my garage & driveway to look like that someday......
jc914
welcome.png
barada
Thanks for the compliments!
Yeah I did buy it from here, and it is the one with the 1.8 slight difference in power over the other 2.
I am not sure who the other owners were other than Dan (who I bought it from)
I once heard that you have made it when you have a 3 car garage, so guess what I have made it!! Who would have thought buying a 914 would raise my home value by 40K!!!

Yes the 911's did have to squeeze over to let the lowely 914 in :^)

IPB Image
IPB Image

Phillip
JmuRiz
Welcome to the club, and cool shot of your 3-car garage!!!
What size is it?... just curious
Ian Stott
You have done well! I like the colour, is it original?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
jcambo7
welcome.png Welcome to the addiction. drunk.gif piratenanner.gif Very nice teener by the way. I love the 911's too.
charliew
It looks like a really nice clean car and nice big brothers too. I wonder why the 12.50 inspection was not renewed?
LowGT
QUOTE(dlo914 @ May 6 2009, 02:45 AM) *

That's trojan boy dads' previous car, right?

Yes it is. shades.gif
barada
Its a 20x20 garage. Tight fit.

Had it for almost two weeks and have had some fun. Car died on me last friday after going to work and back. I thought I ran it out of gas so we spent 3 hours at the gas station ( died at an intersection) trying to get it running. no luck had it towed (with a chain) back home. I was 4 miles from the house. Drained the gas tank did all the normal fuel checks and no dice. Long story short I was checking the firing at the plugs and something did not seem right, looked up and a wire had broke going to the cap and fell out of sight. replaced it fired right up problem solved.

2nd fix. I had been thinking " Man this 914 is god awful slow". I drove probably 25 914's in the last year looking and thought they were not the fastest things in the world, but something felt off about this one. At 2500 RPM's there was very little power. After all the work last saturday I kept thinking it was running on 3 cylinders. Pulled each wire from the dizzy and when I pulled the one for the cylinder closest to the front of the car drivers side, nothing happened. Looked below at the fuel injectors and the connector had came off or was forgotten to be plugged back in. Plugged it in out came some smoke and wow what a difference. After it ran for a second the smoke was gone and clean running.No 911 speed but I do not feel in danger of getting killed at a 4 way stop anymore:^)

5 lug parts are coming in as fast as I can spend money so that will be next as it needs tires pretty bad and I would rather put 911 fuchs on it with new tires than replace these.

More to come

Thanks
Phil
Larouex
QUOTE(barada @ May 16 2009, 11:46 AM) *

Its a 20x20 garage. Tight fit.

Had it for almost two weeks and have had some fun. Car died on me last friday after going to work and back. I thought I ran it out of gas so we spent 3 hours at the gas station ( died at an intersection) trying to get it running. no luck had it towed (with a chain) back home. I was 4 miles from the house. Drained the gas tank did all the normal fuel checks and no dice. Long story short I was checking the firing at the plugs and something did not seem right, looked up and a wire had broke going to the cap and fell out of sight. replaced it fired right up problem solved.

I had been thinking " Man this 914 is god awful slow". I drove probably 25 in the last year looking and thought they were nto the fastest things in the world, but somehting felt off about this one. After all the work last saturday I kept thinking it was running on 3 cylinders. Pulled each wire from the dizzy and when I pulled the one for the cylinder closest to the front of the car drivers side, nothing happened. Looked below at the fuel injectors and the connector had came off or was forgotten to be plugged back in. Plugged it in out came some smoke and wow what a differenc. No 911 speed but I do nto feel in danger of getting killed at a 4 way stop anymore:^)

5 lug parts are coming in as fast as I can spend money so that will be next as it needs tires pretty bad and I would rather put 911 fuchs on it with new tires than replace these.

More to come

Thanks
Phil

If you need to raise some money now, I will buy the 4 lug, 2.0 Fuchs that are on the car now. Let me know.
jim912928
spend 1500 or so bucks and get a danmar storage lift...stack em!
barada
I will be selling the 4 lug fuchs shortly I am sure.
Half way done on the 5 lug conversion. Drove up to AA today and grabbed the front bearings and what not. Waiting on the 2nd set of wheels to get here, but I had to get the old front tires off so I could drive it.

What do you think?
IPB Image
barada
After two sets of rotors front is done for now. Will swap to 911 front end in time. No garbage can this time.

IPB Image
IPB Image
tat2dphreak
welcome to the club! it looks like you got a great car!
jonat127
It's a personal thing I know but I would lower it by at least an inch.

Any, picturs of the interior? I really like the beige/brown ones.

Jon
johannes
welcome.png

Nice looking 914 .. Next step ? Chrome bumpers ?
Michael N
5 lug Fuchs are lookin good. aktion035.gif
Gint
QUOTE(barada @ Jun 9 2009, 05:45 PM) *
After two sets of rotors front is done for now. Will swap to 911 front end in time. No garbage can this time.

I can understand why you might want to, but you don't have to. New rotors, fresh or at least decent condition calipers and Porterfield R4 pads and that thing will stop like you won't believe.

Nice car. driving.gif welcome.png
barada
QUOTE(jonat127 @ Jun 10 2009, 11:54 AM) *

It's a personal thing I know but I would lower it by at least an inch.

Any, picturs of the interior? I really like the beige/brown ones.

Jon

Jon,

Yeah I plan on taking it down a little bit, I had been under long enough yesterday. I got a new carpet set so some interior pics will follow.

Thanks
Phillip
Gint
It's actually a royal blast w00t.gif to bomb around town in a 914 without worrying about scraping curbs and speed bumps. driving.gif
barada
Dash will be getting re done so it is apart right now. I did the carpet kit this week.
I think this is as low as I will go for the time being.

IPB Image
IPB Image

PanelBilly
I would never had thought that the tan seats and grey carpet would look so good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.