Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are Cayenne owners just dumb?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Ok Rick..I tried, the two forums you mentions are just full of a small group of stupid freaks.

Does anyone owne a cayenne here? Any real men?
Anyone have the time and the balls to remove the engine cover and take some pics...post them here,
Maybe a few measurements....

Looking for the V8 motor specifically.

Rich
FourBlades

Are you thinking of putting a Cayenne engine in a 914?

That would be an interesting swap...

John
iamchappy
There are a few on the rennlist site that work on there own cars but most are extended
warranty weenies.
There is a thread where a guy did drop the engine.......called guts of a pig, on page 2

Check out Ricks (918-s) thread......very hostile....Rich joins in....
rick 918-S
QUOTE(iamchappy @ May 5 2009, 07:25 PM) *

There are a few on the rennlist site that work on there own cars but most are extended
warranty weenies.
There is a thread where a guy did drop the engine.......called guts of a pig, on page 2

Check out Ricks (918-s) thread......very hostile....Rich joins in....

Ya, WTF.gif is with those guys. Bunch of dorks that attacked me from the first post. Typical List stuff. The stupidest part was the "Super Admin" WTF.gif

I have no use for those guys! screwy.gif jerkit.gif

Rich and I have been kicking this can for awhile now. Nothing serious but I thought I would do some reasearch. I guess I found the holy grail of latte drinking warranty weenies.
sww914
I tried to ask a question about 993 TT's there once. I just wanted to know what are the common problems that they're seeing now that the cars have some miles on them. There are things that we know about cars from experience, like a 944 needs a timing belt and a reseal every 80K or so and that a Carrera that's running lean probably has leaking intake manifold gaskets or a CIS car that backfires and won't run anymore blew up the airbox. I was just asking about what they're seeing now and I got flamed sooooooooo bad for even suggesting that any 993 TT could ever experience any failure of any kind. barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif
finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif
rick 918-S
Don't have time for small winky's. I just emailed Rich some photos links.

Now if anyone here owns one and can take a couple measurements for him we will be beyond phase one.

Approximate length, height and width.
Joe Bob
Post a link, let's get A-ron to plan an invasion....
JFJ914
I don't have any dimensions, but a bunch of us teeners were at Henessy Porsche giving them an appreciation plaque for supporting the Southeast Classic. We got a salesman to show us a Cayenne V8 so we could "eyeball" it for a 914 transplant and it looks way too wide to fit. Dimensions would be best however.
neil30076
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 5 2009, 07:47 PM) *

Ok Rick..I tried, the two forums you mentions are just full of a small group of stupid freaks.

Does anyone owne a cayenne here? Any real men?
Anyone have the time and the balls to remove the engine cover and take some pics...post them here,
Maybe a few measurements....

Looking for the V8 motor specifically.

Rich

Rich,
post over on http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/pors...yenne-forum-77/
they will actually help you out :-)
Neil
iamchappy
Go look at my new Rennlist thread lets see what happens......
Cap'n Krusty
Dumb? Considering they coulda had a Toureg for half the money, you do the math. The Cap'n
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 6 2009, 10:21 AM) *

Dumb? Considering they coulda had a Toureg for half the money, you do the math. The Cap'n

Awww. Come on now...

A Toureg has that working class badge with the circle and the V and the W.

It will just not do.

sheeplove.gif

Zach
JmuRiz
If you really want to know about the Cayanne engines, let me know...I have a local PCA guy that works at Porsche of Tysons near me (as the systems engineer but he knows all the techs). He can probably hook you up with all kinds of data on it.

Also, iamchappy, funny post.
Solo914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ May 6 2009, 09:07 AM) *

Awww. Come on now...

It will just not do.

sheeplove.gif

Zach

Someone should start a topic about rebadging their Toureg as a Cayenne.
"I want mine to look like a Cayenne but not get bf'd over the price smile.gif "

I bet that will go over well.

Kyle
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Solo914 @ May 6 2009, 09:43 AM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ May 6 2009, 09:07 AM) *

Awww. Come on now...

It will just not do.

sheeplove.gif

Zach

Someone should start a topic about rebadging their Toureg as a Cayenne.
"I want mine to look like a Cayenne but not get bf'd over the price smile.gif "

I bet that will go over well.

Kyle

Too late. It's already been done ................. By Porsche sheeplove.gif

The Cap'n
Zundfolge
I would expect the Cayenne engine swap would be a pretty difficult swap ... I'd honestly rather stuff the VW Toureg V10 in there just because it would be different (be cool to put a V10 badge on a 914, plus you could impress the watermelons with your TDI motor).
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 6 2009, 08:21 AM) *

Normally agree with you Cap'n, but this time I'd say you need to drive both back to back. Touareg steers like a truck, Cayenne doesn't. Makes a BIG difference from behind the wheel. Porsche did all the R&D, and they screwed VW on dynamics.

Otherwise, I agree with you. And early Touaregs look better than early Silly Peppers. A lot better. V10 TDI is pretty cool, too. But I wouldn't want to own any of them out of warranty, whether I was a certified master mechanic or not.

pete
Richard Casto
I just read the Rennlist thread. Unfortunately most of Rennlist regulars in that thread appear to be real asses, and revel in bashing newbies. Playing devils advocate here, I think you guys went for the vinegar to quick and didn’t spread enough honey. If you don't play their game and feed the beast you might get some useful info out of them. And to be fair, I have seen some newbie thread here with broad questions go nowhere here as well. But at least we don’t seem to be outright hostile like they are.
maf914
I have noticed that there is a Rolex Daytona Prototype team that is racing a Riley DP with a Porsche Cayenne V-8 engine. I think I had read that they get no help from Porsche who prefer their customers use the 4.0 flat six like Brumos and Penske. News and info concerning the Rolex series is pretty scarce so its hard to get the technical scoop on what teams are doing. Is anyone familiar with that set-up? idea.gif
sww914
You guys were spoiling for a fight. I approve.
neo914-6
Rich,

powerplant for your spyder? I actually bid (not high enough) on one for the neo914 years ago. It would a cool conversion...
FourBlades

Does taking the engine cover off void your warranty?

I have a buddy who is very cool and has a cayenne turbo s. He also has a
lift so we could look underneath.

I am sure he would let me do whatever as long as the warranty is not affected.

That is a really weird vehicle to drive. Insane torque and tight suspension but
you are floating 3 feet off the ground. Like driving a 911 turbo with a 24 inch lift
kit. Not my thing but if you gave me one....

John

jcambo7
Im curious if it will fit in a 914... idea.gif popcorn[1].gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(iamchappy @ May 6 2009, 07:17 AM) *

Go look at my new Rennlist thread lets see what happens......

They took to you like their long lost bro. dry.gif I guess cause you didn't want to open their hoods. wacko.gif huh.gif unsure.gif

Dude, you should get the Cayenne and paint it like your camo duck boat, big ass light bar, brush gaurd, X-O Cage, snorkle intake and hang some 38" Gumbo Buck Shot Mudders on it.

Anyone with Photo shop.... shades.gif
iamchappy
And a piss on ford sticker in the back window.

I know my thread kinda backfired, not the response i was expecting...Honestly i really would like to
have one to beat up for hunting.... when i have disposable$$$$$$$$$$$
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 6 2009, 04:18 PM) *

Dude, you should get the Cayenne and paint it like your camo duck boat, big ass light bar, brush gaurd, X-O Cage, snorkle intake and hang some 38" Gumbo Buck Shot Mudders on it.

Here's a quickie... I don't have time to do a good job right now.

Click to view attachment
sww914
Two thumbs up on the Monsterpepper!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ May 6 2009, 04:03 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Chappy, When we win the lottery Let's do this! lol-2.gif
JoeSharp
Thats the problem with all of the people that replyed to the questions. To much stupid money. The Cayenne wasn't the only Porsche they had in their sigs.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 6 2009, 07:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ May 6 2009, 04:03 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Chappy, When we win the lottery Let's do this! lol-2.gif

I need a good picture of Chappy's duck boat, and the hunting grounds. Oh, wait, I might have pics of Chappy's burnt out Suburban. lol-2.gif Still probably won't have much time 'till after the WCR...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.