Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 914-6 Conversion parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
a914guy
Six conversions are still a great modification activity, changing the character of this great car by adding amazing performace improvements.

I've enjoyed my 3.0L conversion since 1995 and I now know a great number of 914ers like you who have done the six conversions and are extremely happy with the result.

Click to view attachment

If you need any of the pieces to do the project, advice or someone to discuss that changing a perfectly good car is a good idea, please email or call. I'll be happy to discuss the process, pros and cons.

Most of you know the items listed and pictured below are the core conversion pieces I can provide to help with your 914-6 conversion project.

1. 914-6 Engine conversion mounts allow you to hang your flat six in the 914-4 chassis. Weather it's a 2.0L a 3.6L or any variation in between, there is a mount kit that will make it fit perfectly. Nearly 1500 of these kits have been successfully used in conversion projects here and in Europe.

The basic kit is $275.00, add the installation hardware for $25.00 and 911 mounts for $60.00 and the kit totals $360.00.

Click to view attachment

2. The installation also requires a new set of engine sheet metal. This set is a high quality original equipment style steel set and best of all an economical solution to finish off the engine.

The five piece OE style set is $385.00.

Click to view attachment

3. Accelerator linkage solutions are also available. You will need to change your 914-4 linkage for the 911 engine installation weather it is setup with Carbs., MFI CIS or DME fuel injection. This kit replicates the Porsche approach, is very functional, installs easily and works well.

The basic kit price is $275.00 and the complete DME kit is $350.00.

Click to view attachment

4. If you don't have a factory 914-6 oil cooler the 911 oil cooler will need a Metric or AN modification to avoid interference with the 914s inner rear trailing arm mount.

Click to view attachment

The metric modification done on an excahge basis is $175.00. Complete oil coolers are available for $375.00.

Click to view attachment

5. There are a number of oil supply solutions. I like the stock tank configuration on street and dual purpose cars.

The new Porsche 914-6 oil tanks are $$$. Please contact me for cost details.

Let me know how I can help. Weather it's a component or a complete package. Feel free to email me at a914guy@aol.com or call 214-478-9418 (cell).

I'm Proud To Be A 914 Driver!
koozy
I have ALL of these items and can honestly say they are top-notch. The quality will exceed your expectations. Fantastic products! And, support if you need it.
-JR-
QUOTE(a914guy @ May 5 2009, 09:14 PM) *

Six conversions are still a great modification activity, changing the character of this great car by adding amazing performace improvements.

I've enjoyed my 3.0L conversion since 1995 and I now know a great number of 914ers like you who have done the six conversions and are extremely happy with the result.

If you need any of the pieces to do the project, advice or someone to discuss that changing a perfectly good car is a good idea, please email or call. I'll be happy to discuss the process, pros and cons.

Most of you know the items listed and pictured below are the core conversion pieces I can provide to help with your 914-6 conversion project.

2. The installation also requires a new set of engine sheet metal. This set is a high quality original equipment style steel set and best of all an economical solution to finish off the engine.

The five piece OE style set is $385.00.

5. There are a number of oil supply solutions. I like the stock tank configuration on street and dual purpose cars.

The new Porsche 914-6 oil tanks are $$$. Please contact me for cost details.

Couple questions...

You're engine tin set, does it come in different variations? I'm looking for one to fit a 3.6.

I also haven't solved my oil storage and delivery hurdle yet. If you haven't guessed I'm installing a 3.6 motor. I'm not interested in using a trunk mounted oil tank solution though.

If you're in the mood for 914-6 questions, what trans did you select for your car and did you make any changes to it? I remember reading about your car in Excellence I think it was, some years ago. I'm contemplating a supped up 901 with upgraded intermediate plate and oilers or if I can find the cash a 915 with a 916 kit on it.

THX
-JR-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.