Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early Dash, does it look different?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
budman5201
Anyone have a few pics of the early dash with no side vents? I think this is the look i want since i am putting a/c underdash from hotrod air
number6
Orange car is a '71 914-4.

Silver car is '70 914-6.
jasons
QUOTE(budman5201 @ May 5 2009, 10:43 PM) *

Anyone have a few pics of the early dash with no side vents? I think this is the look i want since i am putting a/c underdash from hotrod air

Since your pumping water, why not add real heat too? I know in AZ its not as necessary as AC, but some winter mornings its nice to have.

Or... Does your underdash unit handle this too?
shelby/914
Please post some info and pix of the hotrod air install when you do it.
budman5201
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ May 6 2009, 07:59 AM) *

Please post some info and pix of the hotrod air install when you do it.

Yeah the unit i got from HOTROD air is the A/C and heat version....here are a few pics. Yep recovering dash with black leather so material is missing, will look good when done.

COOL thanks for the pics. Anyone HAVE a good underdash without vents? And will it fit the later cars?? I like that look and why have vents when they dont work anyways.
that unit takes care of it all....

thanks guys for looking! smile.gif
budman5201
oh yeah i just mounted it for fitment to see what it looked like temporarily
Zaney
Looks great!

OT: Are you using a 901 tranny or a Suby with the cable shift?
markb
You'll need to replace the sub-dash, and make sure you have the proper glove box and door.

BTW, we have them as used parts.
budman5201
901 with cableshift. I love it. So much nicer than stock. (cableshift.com here in arizona)

cool so i need sub dash and the early no vent dashpad.

Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(budman5201 @ May 6 2009, 04:59 PM) *

901 with cableshift. I love it. So much nicer than stock. (cableshift.com here in arizona)

cool so i need sub dash and the early no vent dashpad.

Might be nice to retain the fresh air function. IIRC, if you replace the sub dash, you also have to modify/replace the steering column head. Fun, huh? The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.