Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Other than Supertrapp, what works with a Kerry Hunter Header?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Zundfolge
Title says it all ... the Supertrapp on my car is in need of a rebuilding, but honestly I'd like to find something that worked just as well but was not so doggone loud.

Anyone know of another muffler that will just bolt up to it and still fit under the car? Or am I going to be digging out the welder and pipe bender?
jcd914
I don't have a Kerry Hunter header but my 2.0L engine has a header (of unknown manufacture) with a Phase9 muffler that is pretty small and tucks in next to the trans and points out under the bumper. I'm not sure that it is any quieter that a supertrapp. It is not quiet but it has a nice sound to it, not harsh. It is too loud to run at Laguna Seca, not that I have run it anywhere yet sad.gif It came on a wrecked 914 I bought a few years back. I know the owner, worked on the car for years and had driven the car on the street before it was wrecked.

Jim

Randal
QUOTE(Zundfolge @ May 6 2009, 03:16 PM) *

Title says it all ... the Supertrapp on my car is in need of a rebuilding, but honestly I'd like to find something that worked just as well but was not so doggone loud.

Anyone know of another muffler that will just bolt up to it and still fit under the car? Or am I going to be digging out the welder and pipe bender?

I've used a couple different Flowmasters. The bigger one definitely added power and was pretty quiet. The 10-12 incher did add power as well, but was very loud.

I could feel the power difference over the supertrap.

Edit: And I forgot to mention that Chris Foley's muffler is the absolute best. I've proven that on the dyno and we still haven't run over 6150 rpm, due to some other issues..

Up to that RPM I think I have more hp and torque than any other 4 (of my size) and I'm sure a lot of that is Chris's header and muffler.

If you decide to go the cheap way here are pictures of the flowmasters.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

If it exits on the driver side Chris Foley makes one with a 'J' pipe that works real well and sounds good to. Around 83 or so db.

Triad makes one if it exits on the passenger side.

Both are in the vender section I believe.

I have MSD header that I have Chris's muffler on and am very satisfied.

Good Luck
JKP
ChrisFoley
If I'm not mistaken the msds header is a repro of the Kerry Hunter Header.
My EVO II Silencer can easily be adapted to them both. smile.gif
My Stage I Silencer (which is similar to a Phase 9) is too loud for the street by most peoples's standards, but can easily be adapted to a KHH or MSDS header
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.