Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Setting the Throttle Position Sensor Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
detoxcowboy
How do you set the throttle position sensor? At Idle should the resistance be 1 ohm? or 0 ohm? The article at Pelican I read says to start left screw upper most position and rotate CCW until it reads 0 ohm then move down 1 hash mark and set.. Problem is at upper most has I am already at zero ohms and 1 hash down I am at 0 ohm and actually do not get to 1 ohm until 3rd hash mark so I am lost and any info. would be great as I am trying to troubleshoot another issue..

.. 1974 2.0 stock injection ...
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(perrin1097 @ May 6 2009, 05:11 PM) *

How do you set the throttle position sensor? At Idle should the resistance be 1 ohm? or 0 ohm? The article at Pelican I read says to start left screw upper most position and rotate CCW until it reads 0 ohm then move down 1 hash mark and set.. Problem is at upper most has I am already at zero ohms and 1 hash down I am at 0 ohm and actually do not get to 1 ohm until 3rd hash mark so I am lost and any info. would be great as I am trying to troubleshoot another issue..

The TPS has two contacts that are a simple on-off switch for the ECU idle circuitry. You are calibrating when that on-off action happens so that the ECU does not think its still in idle mode.

So just find the point when the contacts open/close (I forget which, without looking it up) and continue one additional mark...wherever that may occur on your TPS scale markings.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ May 6 2009, 06:21 PM) *

QUOTE(perrin1097 @ May 6 2009, 05:11 PM) *

The TPS has two contacts that are a simple on-off switch for the ECU idle circuitry. You are calibrating when that on-off action happens so that the ECU does not think its still in idle mode.

So just find the point when the contacts open/close (I forget which, without looking it up) and continue one additional mark...wherever that may occur on your TPS scale markings.

Excellent that is exactly what i was just doing on the trial and error.. thanks Jef!!
r_towle
Like this at idle, throttle closed.

detoxcowboy
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 6 2009, 06:57 PM) *

Like this at idle, throttle closed.

thats even better! nice Towle thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.