Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nominations for May/June: Car of the Month Contest!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Time for our May/June COTM! I'm late. Hopefully, you forgive me. sad.gif

The first five cars nominated (and seconded) will be be on the ballot. The winning car will be featured on the homepage during May/June. Also, the winner will receive a snazzy award-graphic for their member profile!!

Nomination Procedures

1. Example: Someone nominates (hypothetically) Betty's 1974 1.8 as COTM. Short narratives and/or details are not only allowed - they're encouraged!
2. The nomination must include the member's Board name and a picture of the car or a link to their 914World blog.
3. Someone else seconds that nomination for Betty's car (at this point, the nomination is official).
4. Once five cars have been nominated and seconded to be COTM, the nominations are complete.
5. Next, voting! (Please be fair. One vote per person, please. Don't use/register multiple accounts to cheat.)

Contest Rules

1. For the purpose of this contest, a "914" is defined as a car that started life and still retains the general shape and characteristics of a 914. (see previous postings for details)
2. Also, to be eligible for nomination, the car must be owned by an 914World Member. Because we want to preserve these pictures in the thread, please post the pictures here or link to an existing 914world thread/blog image. Do not link to pictures on external sites or photo hosting services.
3. The Admin team will open a separate thread for nominations before the beginning of the month. All COTM nominations must be "seconded" by another member. Once five COTM nominations that are seconded, nominations will be closed.
4. Any active (defined as at least 5 posts in the last month) 914World member may nominate any active member. The nomination must include the member's Board name and a picture of the car or a link to their 914World blog.
5. No self-nominations, please. smile.gif
6. We will open a thread for to vote for COTM. Voting will last 10 calendar days! The car with the greatest number of votes wins COTM!
7. Once a car wins Car of the Month, that car is not eligible to win again until the next calendar year.
8. A member fortunate enough to have two or more stunning cars may win multiple times a year - it's really the car that wins COTM, not the member.
g911
Zachs?? Vacca Rabbite
RJMII
I nominate Jon Bovey for COTM. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showuser=6884

Phoenix 914-6GT

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Rav914
I would love to see an unmodified 1970 914-4 on the list. The "original" 914.

Anyone know of one?
dw914er
I second Jon's car
carr914
QUOTE(Rav914 @ May 6 2009, 10:07 PM) *

I would love to see an unmodified 1970 914-4 on the list. The "original" 914.

Anyone know of one?

How about Pat Garvey's

T.C.
MDG
I second Pat's!
McMark
People, we need PICTURES of the cars. See the blue #2 rule above.
PanelBilly
QUOTE(McMark @ May 6 2009, 07:42 PM) *

I second the blue rule #2

i like blue
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif Thanks guy... maybe the fourth time will be the ticket...or is this the fifth time? confused24.gif
PeeGreen 914
I agree about Pat and his car... anyone have any pics of it? He has donr a lot for the community and all beerchug.gif
Lou W
Ok..... Doug Leggins from Indiana here's a picture, unbelievable rebuild from the ground up. I could only wish that my car could get the attention to detail that this car did. I have tons of pictures. (insert smiley icon with camera)

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=38186&hl=
dw914er
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 6 2009, 09:00 PM) *

piratenanner.gif Thanks guy... maybe the fourth time will be the ticket...or is this the fifth time? confused24.gif

dammit Jon, you gotta come to WCR so we can all drool over your car w00t.gif

Your car sure is purtie drooley.gif wub.gif

Pic's of Pat's car?
RJMII
QUOTE(McMark @ May 6 2009, 08:42 PM) *

... I don't know what you're talking about... happy11.gif

lol-2.gif
Sleepin
I second Dougs car!
ConeDodger
I know you can't turbo a 914 but let's revisit a nomination for OttoX914 Dave Parsons car...
6freak
Im not vote`n tell i see them all ......
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 6 2009, 11:42 PM) *

I know you can't turbo a 914 but let's revisit a nomination for OttoX914 Dave Parsons car...

Dang this is hard But I second Daves car.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 7 2009, 07:24 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 6 2009, 11:42 PM) *

Dang this is hard But I second Daves car.

The business end of his car...
jcambo7
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 6 2009, 11:00 PM) *

I second Jon Bovey. drunk.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Doug Leggins
WOW! My car's hangin with good company in this thread! Thanks for the nomination! beerchug.gif
RiqueMar
I second Dougs car.

Sig Orange yeah!
SGB
beerchug.gif
Doug's car rocks.

So does Tommys

"Tommy 914"
ottox914
Hey guys, thanks for bringing the 914T back from the dead. It was cool enough to be in the running last month, only to be crushed by that crazy factory 6 with history. There was a request earlier in the comments to this thread about a "stock" car. Well, the 914T certainly is not stock, and looks slightly period modded with the panasports, but there IS something about the narrow body that appeals... speaking of coming back from the dead, I'm off to the garage to finish tearing down the motor to send some parts off to Jake to be checked out/re-built so the 3rd phase of the project can begin- now that the SDS and ITB's are working, and the turbo system is proven, lets build a motor to take advantage of phase 1 and 2.

Off to the garage, and I appreciate the interest and votes, and will keep the "turbo" thread updates as updates are available!

If anyone wants more pics or project info, just ask, here or on the turbo thread.
MoveQik
Can't believe Ell-yut's car hasn't been COTM yet. Stolen, impounded, track ready, driven to events all over the southwest. 3.2/6 with tons of attitude!

IPB Image
SLITS
QUOTE(MoveQik @ May 13 2009, 11:06 PM) *

Can't believe Ell-yut's car hasn't been COTM yet. Stolen, impounded, track ready, driven to events all over the southwest. 3.2/6 with tons of attitude!

IPB Image

2nd for Elleyooot. It's dynamite machine.
Sleepin
3rd fer Elliot!
DipShit
I nominate john Lush' 1970 all original with over 200,000 miles on it (and the engine has never been gone through)!
DipShit
Lush.2
markb
QUOTE(DipShit @ May 14 2009, 01:31 PM) *

I nominate john Lush' 1970 all original with over 200,000 miles on it (and the engine has never been gone through)!

I'll second this one. Love the bumper over riders. smile.gif
DipShit
Has a cute chrome ski rack with leather straps too!
Kirmizi
Here's a 3rd for John Lush's '70!
An all original that's been driven. A lot.
Mike
Ferg
4th for the Lush 1.7 beerchug.gif
SGB
I'm too lazy too count but I think thats five with 2nds- if not, someone 2nd Tommy's car. It is a fine car. VERY straight.
carr914
I'll 2nd Tommy's. Let's get to Voting

T.C.
jonferns
5th for the lush 1.7 bye1.gif
rwjames
Not that you need it, but I'll put up a 3rd for Tommy's car.

It has an interesting history too.

Doug Leggins
A few more pics
Doug Leggins
Brown county state park makes for a great background.
Doug Leggins
Beautiful overlooks throughout the park.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.