Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can the Type 4 engine run a fuel pump like a Type 1 engine?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cire
I have webers on my car. The fuel goes to a fuel pressure regulator and its at the correct fuel pressure for the webers. But I was wondering if you can put a mechanical fuel pump on the type 4 like you can with the VW. Where they made for that or strictly electronic fuel pump.

Eric
underthetire
Yes you can. Have a bus 1.7 in the garage that had a mech fuel pump. But why would you want to ? unsure.gif
McMark
Only a relatively few engines are set up for mechanical fuel pumps. The boss for the pump is near the flywheel, on the bottom, on the 1 & 2 side. If your case wasn't set up from the factory, you're out of luck.

So if you insist on it, you need to search for a motor that was set up that way at the factory. Then you can build that motor into any displacement/setup you want. Of course, I wouldn't run a 'built' motor on a mechanical setup.

Long story, short: use an electric pump. Especially since the 914 is set up to use one from the factory.
underthetire
QUOTE(McMark @ May 6 2009, 07:46 PM) *

Only a relatively few engines are set up for mechanical fuel pumps. The boss for the pump is near the flywheel, on the bottom, on the 1 & 2 side. If your case wasn't set up from the factory, you're out of luck.

So if you insist on it, you need to search for a motor that was set up that way at the factory. Then you can build that motor into any displacement/setup you want. Of course, I wouldn't run a 'built' motor on a mechanical setup.

Long story, short: use an electric pump. Especially since the 914 is set up to use one from the factory.

Hey McMark, does that mean the 1.7 I have is worth like....ONE MILLION DOLLARS... drooley.gif
VaccaRabite
^^^^^^
SURE! Just have to find someone willing to pay.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.