Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914 is back on the road!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biosurfer1
Well after 10 months, I finally drove my car today smilie_pokal.gif

Granted, it was only around the block and I found a couple more things to fix, but it was great to get back into it. I can already tell this new engine is going to be a ton of fun...just the short trip around the block was like driving a different car (which isn't too far from the truth)

Unfortunately, my throttle cable is sticking, my driver side rear tire is rubbing bad, I have a new clicking sound in my tranny and my shifter linkage needs some adjustment.

Luckily, most of these are easy fixes and I should be back on the road by this weekend!

I have many thanks to go around for all the help people gave.

Eric Shea - for great calipers, bushings and a bunch of other stuff
JRust and computer4kids (Jamie and Mark) for passing on installing the engine:)
Racer Chris - for making my fuel lines safe
Doug Leggin - for my awesome new Koni sports
Bruce Stone - for the pedal cluster, side shifter "stuff", and other random bits

A special thanks to Rob Sime (conedodger) for always willing to let me raid his garage to borrow parts that I needed and also deciding to sell his 2.0 Fuchs, sway bar, progressive springs and tons of other stuff I have forgotten.

Last but not least, one of my best friends Justin (justinp71)...if it were not for him, I would not only not have a running 914, I wouldn't have a 914 at all!

THANKS A LOT EVERYONE!!!

Pics to come, but I refuse to post a pic of it in the garage biggrin.gif
JRust
Fuchin awesome aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
I can't wait to go for a ride in the beast next week. If you beat my v8 I'm gonna be pissed though dry.gif
Justinp71

Another 914 back on the road...WooHoo

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
ConeDodger
Brett is too kind... Yes he borrowed some parts and yes I sold him some parts but he has been there for me too... Crawled under the car when I couldn't.

Happy trails Brett! Of course we will see it tomorrow at the Annual "Michael's BBQ that Wanda Cleans Up After Event" right? lol-2.gif
biosurfer1
I'm working on hard trying to get it ready to drive it over tomorrow, but I forgot the DAPO didn't have enough lug bolts for my Western wheels (so he just used a Fuch bolt, 1 on each wheel:/)...

I'm 3 short...anyone around Sac have a couple I can use for a while???
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ May 8 2009, 06:59 AM) *

I'm working on hard trying to get it ready to drive it over tomorrow, but I forgot the DAPO didn't have enough lug bolts for my Western wheels (so he just used a Fuch bolt, 1 on each wheel:/)...

I'm 3 short...anyone around Sac have a couple I can use for a while???

God help me Brett! I think I might... I am at work though and probably will not be able to check until morning. Oh wait. Western's! Haven't you switched to the Fuchs yet? I think I have Fuch bolts but not Western's.
ConeDodger
I know! Michael has Western Wheels. Just go to his house now. Bring a couple cheap FoodMax steaks and go in through the side window on the garage... Toss the steaks to the dogs and unbolt a couple bolts.

Michael will never notice. He sees about as well as I do! lol-2.gif

Oh geez... I know my kid will leave there with a broken bone now!
Shade Tree
I looked up Les Schwab locations in Sac.

SACRAMENTO FLORIN
(916) 422-4460
5501 Florin Rd
Sacramento, CA 95823-2292
0.0 miles
View Map
SACRAMENTO MADISON AVE
(916) 349-2944
4746 Madison Ave
Sacramento, CA 95841-2517
0.0 miles
View Map
SACRAMENTO NATOMAS
(916) 929-9029
3554 Northgate Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95834-1601

They had the lugs and bolts for my Westerns in stock.....cheap too. I mean inexpensive.
biosurfer1
Thanks Rich..I will check there. There's one right down the street from my office.

I didn't bring the lug bolt with me today...is there only one size or will they know which one I need?
Shade Tree
I don't remember the specs on the bolts so you better take one. They may just know. I went there because a local Porsche mechanic told me that Les Schwab used to sell those wheels.
porschecb
Uh................. 8 spoke empi's here blink.gif
biosurfer1
The guy at Les Schwab was no help, checked in the back but said they only carry the 2.0 Fuchs ones... I'll try the one in Roseville once I can get one off the car.

Thanks guys
computers4kids
QUOTE(JRust @ May 6 2009, 11:06 PM) *

Fuchin awesome aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
I can't wait to go for a ride in the beast next week. If you beat my v8 I'm gonna be pissed though dry.gif

Don't worry, I took out 5 of the pistons when I had the motor and left them out. av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.