Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR Caravan from SF Bay Area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carreraguy
Looking at the list of attendees, I recognize around a half dozen or so NorCal folk. Anyone interested in doing a caravan? Maybe join up with the NW contingent if they're going through the Bay Area? I remember from 2005 that we met somewhere off 101 in the Gilroy area (at 9:14 I think) and stopped in Santa Maria for lunch at GPR. Maybe something along those lines? Otherwise, I'm just planning on leaving SJ that morning and doing it "free-style". biggrin.gif
dw914er
Lunch at GPR would be cool (mark, jon, etc, are great guys)

I'll be free then so whoever I'm getting a ride from down to irvine could pick me up smile.gif
2-OH!
There will be three or maybe four cars leaving Santa Clarita (just north of LA, just south of the Grapevine) heading south around 1:00ish on Friday and we will be on I-5 going down...Anyone who might be going thru, we could form a herd and take em' by storm...

2-OH!
McMark
I'm planning on driving down Friday. Maybe later than most people though. I'm still delusional that I will get some work done on Friday before I head out.
markb
In 2005 you stopped in Santa Maria at West Coast Gararge & Cap'n Krusty supplied lunch.

If you want to stop here for lunch at GPR in San Luis Obispo for free pizza & sodas, we'll be glad to have you, just give us an idea of how many will be lunching, and what time.
carreraguy
QUOTE(markb @ May 7 2009, 12:02 PM) *

In 2005 you stopped in Santa Maria at West Coast Gararge & Cap'n Krusty supplied lunch.

If you want to stop here for lunch at GPR in San Luis Obispo for free pizza & sodas, we'll be glad to have you, just give us an idea of how many will be lunching, and what time.

Thanks Mark!
My apologies to The Captain; I think "Old Timers" disese is setting in! :0)
Mark - If we get a critical mass of interest, we'll likely take you up on your kind offer.
Later,
SirAndy
"The Taborâ„¢" and i are caravaning down on Thursday from SF/Pacifica, taking the scenic route along the coast. We'll be staying overnight somewhere around SLO and then head down to Irvine on Friday AM ...
driving.gif Andy

Meet at my house in Pacifica, stop for lunch somewhere in Monterey, Carmel area, or? We should be able to make San Luis for dinner and either see the Dean site, on the way or the next am, and then into the "belly of the beast, and out it's asshole.."

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source....777832&z=7

markb

if you stay in the SLO area, make sure to let me know & I'll beerchug.gif with you.
dw914er
beerchug.gif
computers4kids
QUOTE(2-OH! @ May 7 2009, 11:39 AM) *

There will be three or maybe four cars leaving Santa Clarita (just north of LA, just south of the Grapevine) heading south around 1:00ish on Friday and we will be on I-5 going down...Anyone who might be going thru, we could form a herd and take em' by storm...

2-OH!

I'm kind of waiting to see if the NW guys take 99 or 5. If they take 99 they'll come right through Visalia, CA and I'll join them for the trip down and hopefully connect with the LA group. If they go 5, either way I would like to connect to one of the caravans.
dw914er
QUOTE(2-OH! @ May 7 2009, 11:39 AM) *

2-OH!

the people on the 101 could also take that way too

(101 to the 126 dumps you right off the I-5 in santa clarita)

(if you need to get to the 5, its about the same distance (I think its slightly longer, but typically less traffic to make up for distance)
roadster fan
I'm driving down Tuesday with the family so the kid can go to Disney for a couple days before.

Kinda sad I'm not gonna get to caravan, but will see you all down in Irvine.

Jim
jimtab
QUOTE(markb @ May 7 2009, 04:07 PM) *

if you stay in the SLO area, make sure to let me know & I'll beerchug.gif with you.

Sounds good to me....Peach and Frog? Or......? There has to be Scotch available for Amoy.... biggrin.gif
kenschipper
I will be heading down Friday morning. From San Juan Bautista (just off 101 between Gilroy and Salinas.)

Let me know if you will be coming through this area and we can meet up.

Ken
SirAndy
QUOTE(kenschipper @ May 9 2009, 12:43 PM) *

Let me know if you will be coming through this area and we can meet up.

We will, but on Thursday, not Friday ...
bye1.gif Andy
markb
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 7 2009, 04:03 PM) *

"The Taborâ„¢" and i are caravaning down on Thursday from SF/Pacifica, taking the scenic route along the coast. We'll be staying overnight somewhere around SLO and then head down to Irvine on Friday AM ...
driving.gif Andy

Meet at my house in Pacifica, stop for lunch somewhere in Monterey, Carmel area, or? We should be able to make San Luis for dinner and either see the Dean site, on the way or the next am, and then into the "belly of the beast, and out it's asshole.."

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source....777832&z=7

If it's OK with you guys, I'd like to join your caravan when you leave SLO on Friday. smile.gif
I'd rather get to the hotel early, and pick a good spot in Neverland. beerchug.gif
jimtab
We'd love to have you join us, I don't know where we'll be staying yet but we do want to make an early exit from SLO...so we have an early arrival at Irvine. Pm a contact number to Andy or me and we'll get in touch when we arrive, after we visit Cholame. Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.