Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel injector questions...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jcambo7
So I was wondering if all fuel injectors are the same for 1.7, 1.8, and a 2.0 914 engine? Just curious if they are the same size for these engines or are they different sizes and they cannot be swapped to a different size engine? Also, should fuel injectors not have hose clamps where the hose connects to the fuel injector?
Thanks
James
SLITS
4 different flow rates, 2 different connectors, engine specific.

I suppose you could take a lower engine size injector and boost the fuel pressure to get a bit more juice.

Hose and Norma clamps are best, but will run with regular hose clamps. Watch for leaks. Get either the German FI hose or something similar. 7mm mostly, 8mm feed to the pump.
jcambo7
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 7 2009, 11:37 PM) *

4 different flow rates, 2 different connectors, engine specific.

I suppose you could take a lower engine size injector and boost the fuel pressure to get a bit more juice.

Hose and Norma clamps are best, but will run with regular hose clamps. Watch for leaks. Get either the German FI hose or something similar. 7mm mostly, 8mm feed to the pump.

Thanks. I kind of figured they would all be different for each engine.
zymurgist
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 8 2009, 12:37 AM) *

agree.gif

I had leaks with US spec FI hose because it is slightly larger than the metric counterparts. You can't tighten the clamps enough to make it not leak.
JeffBowlsby
biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.