Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Mittelmotor 914 GT Video WOW !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johannes
Second overall and first in class ... smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Those little Lotus Elan are also very fast ! ... Weight matters ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV0ertiYC64

wub.gif
blitZ
Nice array of vintage cars in that race.
effutuo101
very nice! is it just me or was the alpha lifting tires in the corners.
MoveQik
I always get a little choked up when I watch a 914 pass a 911. biggrin.gif
seanery
I LOVE that sound!
MDG
that was great - thanks smilie_pokal.gif

the guy in the white Lotus Elan was motivated.
roadster fan
Awesome! Nice mix of vintage cars. Makes me want to get a Lotus Elan after the 914 is done. The Lotus looked like it was a handful but sure was quick.

Thanks for posting the vid,

Jim
yeahmag
Whatever that white car was in the beginning was either a death trap or a bad driver or both (or I'm getting too old...). Lifting the inside wheel, darting all around. Madness...
MDG
Good display of what power to weight ratio get's you; the 914 against 911 we've seen many times. Lotus Elans in street trim weighed about 500lbs less than a stock 914 - just over 1500lbs.
Hard to tell but I'd bet that white Elan has been lightened even more. Driving technique aside he was doing well against the Mittelmotor car and I doubt the engine in it had the same grunt as the one in the GT.

m.
SirAndy
452km of racing! huh.gif

That's ~280 miles on the track ...
driving.gif w00t.gif Andy
Gustl
cool video driving.gif

thanks for the link !!!

roadster fan
QUOTE(yeahmag @ May 8 2009, 10:25 AM) *

.... (or I'm getting too old...)
biggrin.gif
GeorgeRud
Just remember, it was Colin Chapman of Lotus fame that had the philosophy - If something breaks, make everything else lighter!

Another quote - if in doubt, add lightness!

Those Elans are great little cars. Make a Miata look like an SUV when one's parked next to an Elan.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ May 8 2009, 04:08 PM) *

Just remember, it was Colin Chapman of Lotus fame that had the philosophy - If something breaks, make everything else lighter!

Another quote - if in doubt, add lightness!

Those Elans are great little cars. Make a Miata look like an SUV when one's parked next to an Elan.

agree.gif Fabulous little twin cam. agree.gif
VaccaRabite
REALLY makes me want to go and boot up GT Legends right now. Too bad I don't have a computer that will run it at home yet...

Zach
grantsfo
I sent this video to my friend that has a vintage Lotus Elan race car. He said that was a Lotus Elan R26. It has all sorts of upgrades from standard Elan including bigger motor. He indicated most R26's now a days make around 180 HP now. He said some are tuned to make as much as 200 HP but they only last 5 hours or so.

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z7305/Lotus-Elan.aspx
grantsfo
double post
MDG
180hp+ in a car that probably weighs a bit more than a 550 would do it!
brp986s
Anyone know the specs on that car? The sound is glorious. I can only imagine what it sounded like in reality, and how the driver felt doing it.
seanery
Anyone got GT Legends to run on Vista?
ScottD914
Just the motivation I needed to get my butt back in the shop and hit it! Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.