Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Idle Good/ Power None Help..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
detoxcowboy
I got my car to idle nicely but when I test drove it. Right away sputter stumbles right off the gfate..

I have a 1974 2.0 that I just put in new heads and valves.. compression is only 7.4 because of bus pistons..

I also put an NOS computer and New fi harness New alt. and New starte w/ new harness for each..

My decel valve was giving me a vaccum problem so I hook so it would be insignificat..

Other than that could it be my TPS calibration? or anything to check please..

I feel I am going in circles with adjusting the timming so it will idle the fuel mixture for same.. I get it to idle then no power.. When I put the timming correct with a timming light then I can't get an idle..
dbgriffith75
Does it have a fuel pressure regulator and if so, is it set correctly?
VaccaRabite
Bus pistons? Will D-jet work properly if the compression ratio is lower then it expects? I know that it is way finicky.

Zach

r_towle
mps
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ May 8 2009, 06:30 PM) *

Bus pistons? Will D-jet work properly if the compression ratio is lower then it expects? I know that it is way finicky.

Zach

not the issue, i was running on these prio..

funny issue is at idle i can up the rpm to 3500 then it bleeds off the power till about 2200.. push it up again .. drops down.. can't hold it in any one place for long..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.