Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Humbling experience!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BMXerror
So last weekend I went and raced my first SCCA Solo 2 event, and basically got my ass handed to me six different ways! dry.gif I've run a couple PCA autocross' and did reasonably well, but those SCCA guys (and girls) are just something else! driving.gif Of course, I was talking to a guy who was saying that Cal Club's region has the highest percentage of national champions of any region. And, as he put it, 'there's no deeper pool to learn to swim in'.
Given that I bought the Porsche strictly as a tool to start racing with, I think SCCA is the perfect place for me. Learn from the best. That's what I say. But damn, I've got a long way to go! Still, 144th place isn't all that bad! av-943.gif lol-2.gif slap.gif
Time sheet: https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/files/CSCC%...c050309_pax.htm
Mark D.
PeeGreen 914
Well you got out there and gave it your best beerchug.gif . Don't know about the guys claim to the most national champs as there are many up here. SCCA is definitely a swim in the shark tank but keep improving you car and get more seat time and you'll do well.
r_towle
Tires
Seat time
Suspension
Seat time
Brakes
seat time
seat time
Cut off roof
seat time
seat time
seat time
get a six
seat time
seat time

Rich
wobbletop
Better than me... my first time was last weekend doing autoslalom in the 914... 76 out of 84 although I'm in DMOD due to my engine swap.

Click to view attachment
SGB
I think Rich covered it about 8 times....

I say smilie_pokal.gif

You just need some more, uh, what was it...

oh yeah, seat time!
dw914er
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 8 2009, 06:44 PM) *

Tires
Seat time
Suspension
Seat time
Brakes
seat time
seat time
Cut off roof
seat time
seat time
seat time
get a six
seat time
seat time

Rich

agree.gif

but the 6? confused24.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.