Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Daily Driver 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
914rrr
We sold our Passat, and we want a 914 to drive daily. Something cheap, prefer it to be running and not too rusty. We don't want one that is structually challenged.

thanks!
Rob and Nel
865-463-2575
914rrr@comcast.net
Tom_T
QUOTE(914rrr @ May 8 2009, 05:17 PM) *

We sold our Passat, and we want a 914 to drive daily. Something cheap, prefer it to be running and not too rusty. We don't want one that is structually challenged.

thanks!
Rob and Nel
865-463-2575
914rrr@comcast.net

So why didn't you guys just keep that purdy white 73-2L you stripped & sold recently, or is this a recent change of heart? ...that one looked like it was in excellent shape! confused24.gif
914rrr
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 8 2009, 08:40 PM) *

thanks!
Rob and Nel
865-463-2575
914rrr@comcast.net

So why didn't you guys just keep that purdy white 73-2L you stripped & sold recently, or is this a recent change of heart? ...that one looked like it was in excellent shape! confused24.gif

It was, but we needed the cash to finish Rob's blue 914. Now that the Passat is sold, we have the cash to buy another 914. But we are looking for a daily driver, not a 914 as nice as Rob's '73. We do not want Rob's to be a daily driver.
Tom_T
QUOTE(914rrr @ May 8 2009, 05:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 8 2009, 08:40 PM) *

thanks!
Rob and Nel
865-463-2575
914rrr@comcast.net

It was, but we needed the cash to finish Rob's blue 914. Now that the Passat is sold, we have the cash to buy another 914. But we are looking for a daily driver, not a 914 as nice as Rob's '73. We do not want Rob's to be a daily driver.

I can completely understand that one! That's why mine sat in my garage here in SoCal for 24 years, while we raised our 2 kids & drove "family cars"! But now their finishing college, we next an "extra" occasional driver here for my personal/business use, and I can write off the business use part of "resurrecting" my 73-2L, & I finally have some funds & time at the same time to do so! smile.gif

Did he ever put it back to the stock OE 2.0 with EFI? I think I read somewhere here that he was converting it back from a turbo or webber carb setup?

BTW - Does Rob still have any of the "spare" parts left from the white/blue 914's? If so, he can e-mail them to me with pix & pricing, which you should have from my rubber bumper top-strip & front rubber bumper-guards restoration questions from last week (let me know if not). My F&R chromes are pretty bent,so I want to compare costs and post-repair quality of those, vs. buying others in good condition, as well as L&R full US-Lensed Taillight assemblies/housings, etc.

Here's a thought for a new daily driver, if Porsche or VW would ever actually build it close to this (pic from 9/08 Motor Trend Article on possible "future 914"):

Click to view attachment

drooley.gif biggrin.gif

Hope Rob's feeling better by now!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.