Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: which transmission?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
craig3x
I am going to be making about 180HP out my little 1974 914 and have heard the original 901 is good to about 200. The problem is, is that the 901 tranny doesn't seem to be made for fast shifts or even power shifts. Can the 901 be improved, or would it be better just to go to a different tranny. If so, which one? (without breaking the bank too heavily)
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(craig3x @ May 8 2009, 09:17 PM) *

I am going to be making about 180HP out my little 1974 914 and have heard the original 901 is good to about 200. The problem is, is that the 901 tranny doesn't seem to be made for fast shifts or even power shifts. Can the 901 be improved, or would it be better just to go to a different tranny. If so, which one? (without breaking the bank too heavily)

I just want you to know that there is no malice intended here. You should have posted this to the Garage Forum, where you will get some help.

The forum(Originality) is set aside for the purposed of the title. I'll move your topic in hopes that you get your question answered by those in the know.
Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.