Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Tires for Stock 4 Lug FUCHS?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
celluloid3
Looking for some feedback on what tires brand/size are good recommendations
for stock 4 lug fuchs for my 73 1.7L... I am looking for a summer performance tire
not a all weather. I will put those on a steel rim set w/hubs for the colder weather.
I really like the the Kumho Ecsta XS but I think the only size that might fit is,
205/50r15 and that's going to affect my real speed greatly, but I have no idea
what it will be like performance wise. idea.gif

Thanks for any help,
Marko
echocanyons
I just mounted a set of exsta ku36's on my fuchs, drove them for a bit and liked what I felt so far.

Another decent option to the falken azenis and yokohams a048

I prefer the 205/50's
SGB
I've been thinking about these Nittos that are made for lowered cars. I put a set on my e30 BMW and I'm waiting to pass judgement, but of course they are great right now - being new .
They are supposed to wear evenly on a lowered car...http://www.nittotire.com/#index%2Etire%2Eneogen
celluloid3
QUOTE(echocanyons @ May 9 2009, 12:26 AM) *

I just mounted a set of exsta ku36's on my fuchs, drove them for a bit and liked what I felt so far.

Another decent option to the falken azenis and yokohams a048

I prefer the 205/50's

What size did you put on your FUCHs?
blitZ
If you're concerned with speed/rpm loss from a 50, there are some decent 55s available. I put some Yokohama S.drives on my Mahles in a 205/55R15. They ride and stick very well. TireRack has a good deal on these.

TireRack
IronHillRestorations
For a stock car, I like 195/60's or 205/65's. Although you'd think they should be the same, tire sizes from different manufactureres aren't the same width, so I'd want to get one tire mounted and try it at all four corners before I popped for a set of tires that rubbed.
carr914
Dunlop Direzzas 205/50/15s

T.C.
echocanyons
I used 205/50's, My car is slightly lowered to near euro spec.
markb
I've always like Dunlops in a 205/60. Speedo is 10% off & easy to get used to.
jimtab
I used to have 205/50-15 Falken Aenzis on the '73...all stock body, but just switched to 195/65-15s to get closer to stock ride height....tired of scraping when I run over shadows and taching damn near 4k to go 75....
celluloid3
Thanks for all the feedback, I will have to make a choice now...

Keep you posted

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.