Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Is anyone else having problems with eBay?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChicagoPete
For some reason eBay is running very slow and the "mypage" won't even load?

I did just now clear out all of my personal info, cookies, cache from my computer and now even the eBay home page won't open. Seems obvious that whatever has found it's way into my computer doesn't like what I did.

I NEVER opened an eBay spam email but, my wife may have. Also, I also got a call from my bank this week that her card has some funny charges running thru it and they blocked the card, shut it down and sent her a new card.

I am guessing these are all related!

Any help on solving this problem? Have to feed my eBay addiction!

Peter
914rrr
QUOTE(ChicagoPete @ May 9 2009, 09:31 AM) *

For some reason eBay is running very slow and the "mypage" won't even load?

I did just now clear out all of my personal info, cookies, cache from my computer and now even the eBay home page won't open. Seems obvious that whatever has found it's way into my computer doesn't like what I did.

I NEVER opened an eBay spam email but, my wife may have. Also, I also got a call from my bank this week that her card has some funny charges running thru it and they blocked the card, shut it down and sent her a new card.

I am guessing these are all related!

Any help on solving this problem? Have to feed my eBay addiction!

Peter

Hi Peter,

First, sorry about your account being accessed. We had this happen to us, not in Ebay, but with a vendor.

Now, about your issues. When you open up Ebay email, do you open through the ebay messaging system, or through your personal email (outlook, etc)? I always open my ebay mail through their messaging system. It sounds like you were spoofed. Which is becoming more and more common on Ebay.

As far as loading slowly, do you have Norton Antivirus? Norton and Ebay are not friends. If you have "Phishing" turned on while you are in Ebay, sometimes you will not be able to access Ebay, and it will make it run slow. this is not all the time, but I have to turn off Phishing when I am in Ebay.

Make sure if you change your account information that the web address shows https not http. The S means you are secure. Never enter in personal information on a web page that does not have HTTPS at the begining of their web address.

Not sure if any of this will help you, but it was worth a shot.

Good luck!
Nel
driving-girl.gif
ChicagoPete
Nel,

I NEVER open up emails from eBay except from their internal messaging. My wife may.

I have checked to make sure that the address includes "https" and it does.

I have had phishing filter warnings come up recently and don't know how to reconfigure those to try that on eBay.

Peter
wayne1234
I'm pretty sure Ebay somehow compromised my card also. luckily it was a credit card that I had asked for a low limit because its primary use was e-bay and online transactions. I found out by some diet supplements showing up on my door step. Then I called the place that sent it, they finally gave me the ordering credit card info. I checked that card and it was maxed out, with tons of health supplements, that were monthly renewing automatically. and multiple I tunes, and skycap. I called the card Issuing company. they canceled the card, and set up a new one for me. and I had to fill out some simple paperwork, and they cleared it off it was amazingly easy. On a credit down side I got a letter from Bank of America yesterday saying they were cutting my limit by confused24.gif $11,000 never late on any financial transaction ever. I don't have a balance on it right now so maybe that's why. plus they are really hurting. but I thought they would keep their best paying customers limits the same. boy the credit is really changing. hopefully your bank will take care of you, and start using a credit card with a small limit for all online transactions. That way if some kid or whoever gets your info there is a whole lot less risk.I do the same at restaurants, Because a co worker got his credit card numbers copied by a server. luckily they were stupid enough to buy something on line and get it sent to their house, and got caught. In trying economic times crimes go up.
914rrr
QUOTE(ChicagoPete @ May 9 2009, 09:54 AM) *

Nel,

I NEVER open up emails from eBay except from their internal messaging. My wife may.

I have checked to make sure that the address includes "https" and it does.

I have had phishing filter warnings come up recently and don't know how to reconfigure those to try that on eBay.

Peter

Hi Peter,

If you have Norton Antivirus, open it up, and under the tab Norton Internet Security, click on settings, then transaction security. You will see the phishing option. Just click on it , and choose to turn it off.

This is an ongoing issue with Ebay.

Call me if you need help 865-463-2575.

Nel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.