Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help routing clutch/speedo cables
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biosurfer1
I'm having some trouble figuring out where to route my clutch and speedo cable so they don't sit on my headers.

Anyone have some pics of where they zip tied them out of the way, because I can't seem to find any?

Is it better to run them under the headers? I would be worried they might catch on something I drive over.

Thanks
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ May 9 2009, 08:31 AM) *

I'm having some trouble figuring out where to route my clutch and speedo cable so they don't sit on my headers.

Anyone have some pics of where they zip tied them out of the way, because I can't seem to find any?

Is it better to run them under the headers? I would be worried they might catch on something I drive over.

Thanks

Brett,
I got some heat sleave stuff from Tognotti's and ran them under the headers. I didn't zip tie them away from the header I just zip tied the heat sleeve on and ran them...
biosurfer1
So the heat sleeve goes around the headers? Does it block enough heat to stop the zip ties from melting?
Katmanken
Here's an old heat transfer trick....

Place a metal shield between the hot exhaust and the item that you want to keep cool. If the shield and the exhaust and the cables don't touch each other, then the heat transfer is by radiation and that is darned inefficient.

That explains why so many waterpumpers have heat shields to keep the interior cool.....

Ken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.