Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What the crap are these?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
wack ebay item

why? sad.gif what a waste of lexan!
gotta give the guy an "A" for trying to make something new...
wait....I think 9xauto would sell these too! add 5 hp! biggrin.gif
Brad Roberts
Man.. <_<

.. he is running those in the classifieds here.. go easy. Lots and lots of people have CRAP visors. I think this gives you another option. I wouldnt buy them, but I can think of a few others who would.

B
Mueller
Have you priced good decent factory style visors???

I think they are cool....

Considering he has 8 different bidders on them, he is onto something....

I like to see 914 owners make and market stuff
Brad Roberts
See.. I knew Mueller would buy a set.

Jon Watts will buy a set also.

Let me see... who else do I know.

B
jonwatts
Brad, you know me too well rolleyes.gif

PS - not all my purchases are for useless crap. I bought a new Porter Cable 10 Amp sawzall yesterday. Figured my days of cutting up cars were nowhere near over.
Sammy
Oh oh oh, me too!

Not on the 9 eleben, but on a 914 I'd run em. Being over 6'2" the stock visors rarely stay on one of my 914s due to being all puffy and hanging down too low. Plus when they are folded down to block the sun they block most of the view of the road. I bet these lexan dudes would be the hot ticket.
Mueller
I like them (as stated earlier) but I do worry a little bit about getting in an accident with them....that Lexan could do a number on your face smash.gif
SirAndy
i'm with Sammy, the originals are the first thing to go ...
too low when down, can't see the road, too close to my forehead
when up, annoying ...

i just wear sunglasses instead cool.gif
Dave_Darling
Heh, something else I agree with Aaahndy on! happy11.gif

My 1.8 had 'em. I didn't realize how annoying they were until I got into my 2.0, which came with the visors in a box. (Funky aftermarket ones--they actually swing out to the sides like the ones in a modern car do!) I don't think I'll ever put the visors on. Probably... Shades it is!! cool.gif

--DD
Aaron Cox
sorry if that was a little strong....just my honest opinion. yes, i do like homemade innovations for the 914, just not particullarly that one. like i said, i give the guy.gal props for the effort and innovation. but, ill stick with stock and a nice pair of glassses. wink.gif
Bruce Allert
I must admit... I bid on 'em rolleyes.gif
bruce
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.