Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR caravan down HWY 1 (the true coastal route) Anyone interested?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kenschipper
I am considering taking hwy 1 down the coast to the WCR. Going down through Monterey and ending back on 101 at San Luis Obispo.

Anyone interesting in joining?

If not let me know if you are going down 101 and I may join you.
kenschipper
I will be heading down Friday.
dw914er
Talk to Jim and Andy... however they are leaving thursday, and then going friday from slo to Irvine...

(beat the LA/Hollywood traffic on the 5 that way)
Cap'n Krusty
Lunch with The Cap'n, anyone? Santa Maria's right on the way ..............

DNHunt
I' ll be heading down Thursday and Friday. Starting from Willits in the AM. Stop at the Tee-shirt shop in Haight Ashbury for new tie dye to sport. Late lunch in Monterey, on to San Simeon for the night. Take the early tour of the castle, then on the road to LA.

Dave
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 9 2009, 10:30 PM) *

Lunch with The Cap'n, anyone? Santa Maria's right on the way ..............

We should be coming through SM Friday morning.

How about brunch and/or a tour of the Krusty facilities?
idea.gif Andy
jimtab
Sounds good to me as long as we get out in time to be in Irvine before 1pm.....just don't want to deal with the rush traffic on Friday, and south of the Orange Curtain besides...... poke.gif
carreraguy
QUOTE(kenschipper @ May 9 2009, 12:52 PM) *

I am considering taking hwy 1 down the coast to the WCR. Going down through Monterey and ending back on 101 at San Luis Obispo.

Anyone interesting in joining?

If not let me know if you are going down 101 and I may join you.

Hi Ken:
I'm leaving Friday am from South San Jose - where/when do you want to meet up?
Later,

Nevermind Ken - decided to go 101 - see you in Irvine!.
Tom
dw914er
Tom, what time do you plan to hit the slo area?
Cap'n Krusty
Gimme an approximate time (a couple hour's notice should be good) and a number (a day or 2 notice would be good for that) and I'll set something up. I may not be able to pop for lunch, but I'll square something away ...........

The Cap'n
carreraguy
QUOTE(dw914er @ May 10 2009, 03:14 PM) *

Tom, what time do you plan to hit the slo area?

Hi Ben - check your PM
Later,
JoeSharp
I wish I could do that drive, but I'm stuck down here in SmelLa and can't get out.
kenschipper
QUOTE(jimtab @ May 10 2009, 02:58 PM) *

Sounds good to me as long as we get out in time to be in Irvine before 1pm.....just don't want to deal with the rush traffic on Friday, and south of the Orange Curtain besides...... poke.gif

I will be heading out mid morning as I am staying in the Ojai area Friday night. This would probably put you in the middle of rush hour for LA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.