Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What color to paint the engine shroud on my /6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
I should be getting the fiberglass shroud next week from my 3.0 and I'm thinking of painting it orange to go with the Gulf blue on the body. Anybody have a better idea?
slow914
No, that is the best idea flag.gif
GeorgeRud
If it's in plain fiberglass mesh without any gelcoat finish, you might want to leave it the natural finish - I think that is what the factory racers had and it looks good IMHO.
burton73
I think Red for the 3.0 S as they came from the factory or Orange to give the Gulf Race combo colors. Are you going to be using any orange on other parts of the car?

Bob
PanelBilly
QUOTE(burton73 @ May 9 2009, 07:22 PM) *

I think Red for the 3.0 S as they came from the factory or Orange to give the Gulf Race combo colors. Are you going to be using any orange on other parts of the car?

Bob

I thought I might add some orange pinstripping just as a highlight but I haven't fingired out where yet.
PeeGreen 914

Orange on everything else. Engine shroud, rockers, bumpers, wheel insets, I think it is one of the best colour combos ever.
Mr.242
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 10 2009, 12:48 PM) *

Orange on everything else. Engine shroud, rockers, bumpers, wheel insets, I think it is one of the best colour combos ever.

Agreed! Put Orange inside on the shroud and continue with the Orange theme.
Would look great!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.