Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heat Exchanger Mods
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
warrenoliver
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I have an exhaust leak again. The last time that I removed these, I forgot to get some pics of the bracket on the heat exchangers. Are these original or add ons by the PO? Are these of any value? Could these brackets be putting unnatural stress on the original designed studs - putting pressure on the studs causing a leak? Should I continue to use these brackets or should I just cut em off?

These are from my 73, 2.0, FI engine. Are these HE's from another type of engine? Other than the brackets, the HE's appear to be usual 2.0 HE's.

Thanks.

Warrenoliver
GeorgeRud
I don't think the bracket is from the factory, it looks like it was added by the PO. It may have been added to try to quiet a rattle or something like that, but I know my 74 2.0 didn't have any such bracket on it's heat exchangers.

My feeling is that you could lose it without any ill effects.
orange914
aside from being ugly, if it allows the copper gaskets to tighten flat it could help take the weight/load from the studs. confused24.gif

mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.