Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB early rain tray
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
1970 Neun vierzehn
The rain tray on my '70/4 is cracked and broken on four of the mounting points. Knowing that perfect early rain trays are made of unobtanium, I'm satisfied to settle for something that's pretty darn good, and certainly better than the cracked, hanging-on out of habit rain tray I have now. But what I need is the early rain tray varient, the one that's smooth on the bottom.

Paul
adidas
Paul. I have an early rain tray that is in good condition. Let me know if you sitll need one. Bill
naro914
I've got one too - funny how they are both in Charlotte...
jonferns
Last I heard Pat Garvey was looking for one too, but I'm unsure whether he gave up his search or not. smile.gif
naro914
I just looked at mine and it's actually in great shape. no cracks at all.
OK, just looked at the post...whats the different between early and late? mine is from a 74
1970 Neun vierzehn
Bob,
Thanks for checking. The early rain trays (thru MY 1972), mount differently, are smooth on the bottom, and are very prone to developing cracks and then breaking at their mounting points. Later rain trays are easily recognizable 'cause they are ribbed on the bottom, and mount to the engine lid differently.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.