Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tps positioning blocks.. mounting?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
detoxcowboy
where do the tps postioning blocks (small rubber wedge) mount inside the switch?
Cevan
Is mine missing something? There's no rubber wedge in mine.

Click to view attachment
detoxcowboy
I do not see it in your picture, it does not seem to affect performance but? I opened my TPS and found a rubber wedge with a slot in it loose inside.. Pictured Below.. It is very small 1/2 the size of a dime.. Here is what I read which led me to believe it is supposed to be in there but where I do not know? How important is it? I was just hoping someone else has the experience to know where it is supposed to mount inside the TPS before closing it up..

you must open the throttle switch - be careful, there are some rubber positioning blocks that may fall out. [quote]

Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
You got my interest piqued...does this photo answer it for you?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ May 10 2009, 04:12 PM) *

Yeah, i had those fall out on mine back in the day. They go into the corners on the cover ...
shades.gif Andy
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ May 10 2009, 04:12 PM) *

that's them!! In the upper corners of the cover!! I just had the other one fall out this morning.. Now that I see them I feel better they are not serious.. Thanks Jeff!!

You were dead right on the Tps setting at 1 hash below switch point.. Basically the ECU needs a signal of 1 ohm to suggest idle. I chased that Ohm.. I have tried it at the zero Ohm setting or on the edge which is still O Ohm and the only way it will even hold an idle regularly without the input is to advance the timing on the distributor.. and the richness on the ecu.. ..
Also at the zero mark or switchpoint the calibration setting inside the TPS will allow the ECU will miss 1 trigger point/ pulse (signal) on acceleration richness pulses. stupid demon taught me about the djet dance, I adjusted and readjusted every component checking vacum measurement etc..
1 ohm lesson.. Your FI harness by the way cleared up a bouncy tachmoter.. I should have bought your harness instead of anything first..
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(perrin1097 @ May 10 2009, 05:06 PM) *

Your FI harness by the way cleared up a bouncy tachmoter.. I should have bought your harness instead of anything first..

Cool! Glad it helped.

biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.