Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: She is finally on the road
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
many thanks to Dan Root for welding on the flares, and ScottyB for coaching me through the body and paint work.
here are a few of the finished pics of Harlot

pete-stevers
one more
for the record Pat...i stripped the anodizing off these eights with oven cleaner
and polished the lips, and painted them this awful blue....all by myself piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
swood
that's one sexy harlot!
JRust
Car looks sweet! Well I can't say I like the blue on the fuchs myself. Are you keeping them blue? The fuchs look very nice I just don't think it's great with the orange. Still overall looks sweet man. Wish I had flares on mine. Maybe my problem is my Orange looks close to yours & I'm partial to the black fuchs I have with the polished lips idea.gif

Seriously sweet ride man aktion035.gif
pete-stevers
yup the blue is here to stay, i can't capture the depth of the blue with the camera
sixnotfour
NICE !!!
the blue is cool and the license plate ," ya I have a front plate officer"
rfuerst911sc
Very nice. I like the black bumpers that's what I'm doing on mine. Enjoy your harlot !
914Sixer
Looking good !!! piratenanner.gif
MDG
Looks great smilie_pokal.gif

Now enjoy it!
computers4kids
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ May 10 2009, 05:01 AM) *

Very nice. I like the black bumpers that's what I'm doing on mine. Enjoy your harlot !

agree.gif I really like how black bumpers look on red cars. Well done on the car...quite a looker.

PS Where are your wheel caps...just kidding. I bet your car looks great in person.
Gint
Looks awesome Steve! Great job.
GeorgeRud
Looks great! You can get a short rear valance from MSDS that will match up with the flares if you want - I bought one for my flared car and it reallly does a nice job of finishing off the look.

In Illinois, if the car is registered as an antique vehicle (over 25 years old), you don't have to run a front plate, but can instead use a "period correct" front plate as long as you have the original state plate in the car. So, I got a European style front plate that fits beautifully above the oil cooler opening on the front bumper.

The car is nicely done, you should be proud of your creation. Enjoy it in good health!
scotty b
beerchug.gif aktion035.gif

I assume everything turned out O.K. then poke.gif

Congratulations !!
championgt1
Very nice. Maybe some of the PNW guys will get to see it sometime. smilie_pokal.gif
markb
Nice! Great name. Not too thrilled about the blue, but all my taste is in my mouth, so what do I know. Enjoy! smilie_pokal.gif
pete-stevers
QUOTE(scotty b @ May 10 2009, 07:08 AM) *

beerchug.gif aktion035.gif

I assume everything turned out O.K. then poke.gif

Congratulations !!

almost all of it turned out good, except one run where i cut through with the buffer, the rear quarter shot shown is the worst of them all.
veltror
Looks good, but either needs vinyl sail panels or something since that chrome strip looks lost in all that red, nice car.
greenie
Great job Pete!

The front end with the valance & bumper cut-out looks super!

You work alot faster than I do, I'm many years away from this type of post.

Spring is here , lot's of upcoming Teener Tuesdays, I hope to see her soon. beerchug.gif
PanelBilly
So nice and I like the trim on the sail panels without the vinyl. I'm also liking the blue wheels. Its so original. Sure hope to see it in person someday.
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif
dw914er
Is that a mag blue?

In the import tuner world, that style is getting popular (yellow fog lights, mag blue rims, etc) (BTW, don't worry, the mag blue is on expensive rims (Volks, etc), for clean car.)

it looks clean though.... Great job!!
pete-stevers
the fogs came from AA a long time ago
and the blue, is a match to a flashy bike frame i own....
i thought it would accent the red, and think it looks better then yellow centers
pete-stevers
here is how she used to look
johannes
Very nice job.

This 914 looks awesome. More pictures ! ...
Lou W
Looks great beerchug.gif
cardiaceagle
very nice...enjoy
Joe Bob
Good for you..... aktion035.gif
rhodyguy
good work steve. lots-o-changes since our trip to whistler.
KELTY360
Yellow wheels are faster than blue wheels. You must be trying to fly under the radar with the local LEOs. happy11.gif

Flares look great Steve. driving.gif
maf914
Steve,

Way to go. Your car looks great! smilie_pokal.gif

Are those wheels 8" front and rear? If so what size tires are you using and how heavy is the steering effort? idea.gif
PeeGreen 914
Looks amazing Steve drooley.gif I like the blue wheels. Something different. Can't wait to see it piratenanner.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ May 9 2009, 10:31 PM) *

one more
for the record Pat...i stripped the anodizing off these eights with oven cleaner
and polished the lips, and painted them this awful blue....all by myself piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

what color is that?
Nana's_914
Looks great! Enjoy.
jcambo7
Looks great. beerchug.gif aktion035.gif
pete-stevers
QUOTE(maf914 @ May 11 2009, 08:07 AM) *

Steve,

Way to go. Your car looks great! smilie_pokal.gif

Are those wheels 8" front and rear? If so what size tires are you using and how heavy is the steering effort? idea.gif

they are 16x 7s with 225s and no noticable difference steering, i would have liked to put eights up front
watsonrx13
aktion035.gif
URY914
Very nice, Steve!!!
pete-stevers
QUOTE(oldschool @ May 11 2009, 09:46 AM) *

QUOTE(pete-stevers @ May 9 2009, 10:31 PM) *

one more

what color is that?

the blue is a rendition of a PPG Hot Wheels blue
i mixed some extra silver in, and just added clear to a bit of the mix for the top coats....you could call it "Harlot blue"
bcheney
Damn nice looking job! I"m sure you are proud that wide body! Drive it hard and enjoy the hell out of it!!!!!!!
paroxysm
Looks good! I hope to see it around. Are you planning on attending any local shows with the car? I'm planning on getting mine to the Great Canadian in august, would be fun to see another 914 at the mission drags.
pete-stevers
i hope to have the weekend off for the show, have the dates been set yet?
no draggin this car, its a road car
carr914
Very Nice. I like the one-off personal touchs (Blue Wheels, No Sail Vinyl, painted roof, black bumpers) It's your car, do it the way you want - you will enjoy it more.

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.