914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jkp2240
For sale heated rear glass window, rare $150 OBO + shipping
jkp2240
QUOTE(jkp2240 @ May 10 2009, 03:34 PM) *

For sale heated rear glass window, rare $150 OBO + shipping

ttt
914Sixer
Has it been tested? Lots of them out there that are no good. You should be able to read a solid short by putting the leads of a volt/ohm meter on the two window spade lugs.
jkp2240
QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 13 2009, 07:02 PM) *

Has it been tested? Lots of them out there that are no good. You should be able to read a solid short by putting the leads of a volt/ohm meter on the two window spade lugs.

I will test and post results!
jkp2240
No short, must need wire repair, $100 OBO
bdstone914
QUOTE(jkp2240 @ May 17 2009, 04:40 AM) *

No short, must need wire repair, $100 OBO

I think they are supposed to read 130 ohms resistance. If it helps with the sale I have a correct switch for the rear window.
Bruce
jkp2240
Offers?
gary47speed
QUOTE(jkp2240 @ May 20 2009, 07:04 PM) *

Offers?

Hello
I guess I am dense. Does your test results mean the heating element wires test okay and a switch makes the window heater functional? Does the switch come with the window?
thank you
gary
jkp2240
Sorry for confusion, someone suggested connecting 12V across the two terminals, creating a dead short if good. Mine does NOT short meaning there is open wire on glass needing repair. Bruce has the switch, this is for glass ONLY.
John
gary47speed
QUOTE(jkp2240 @ May 22 2009, 12:23 PM) *

Sorry for confusion, someone suggested connecting 12V across the two terminals, creating a dead short if good. Mine does NOT short meaning there is open wire on glass n eeding repair. Bruce has the switch, this is for glass ONLY.
John

Sorry, thank you for your response.
pilothyer

Sorry for confusion, someone suggested connecting 12V across the two terminals, creating a dead short if good. Mine does NOT short meaning there is open wire on glass needing repair. Bruce has the switch, this is for glass ONLY.
John

I don't think anyone suggested connecting a 12 volt power source to the heater......I am sure what he said and ment was to connect an ohm meter to simply test for continuity.......I am not sure what the current limit is on the heat element but if you just connect a car battery to it the heat element would probably act like a fuse and blow open.........Jerry
roadster fan
QUOTE(pilothyer @ May 22 2009, 01:22 PM) *

John

I don't think anyone suggested connecting a 12 volt power source to the heater......I am sure what he said and ment was to connect an ohm meter to simply test for continuity.......I am not sure what the current limit is on the heat element but if you just connect a car battery to it the heat element would probably act like a fuse and blow open.........Jerry

agree.gif except I think the element does get 12 volts from relay board. If you put an ohm meter across checking for continuity you can tell if the element is good. There are a couple of vendor that make repair kits for this type of window.

Jim
914Sixer
Yes, what I was saying was to do a continuity test. If you can not see a short the grid is open, therefore the heating element would not work.
jkp2240
I tested continuity and there is NONE, element wire must be broken. I tested thith Ohm meter and a test light as will
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.