Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: I need help identifying this OLD sedan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
David_S
Over the last several years, I have been helping the local High School rebuild some older cars for class projects. This year, we have been putting together a REAL Ford steel body 23 T Bucket, and a 24 Model T Touring car. We have built a few Model T's and I guess I have the bug for wanting to build a T Bucket for myself. I called a buddy of mine that I thought may know where I could pick up a cheap steel T Roadster body, and he told me there was some kind of an old body behind the barn at his house. He don't know what it is, and told me that it was in bad shape, but we have started with worse before. Anyway, here is what was behind the barn. Any idea what year model and make it is? I have found pictures of a Nash from around 28 or 29, but they just arent the same. I guess if I can get it cheap enough, I may just go ahead and get it and see what I can do with it. It looks like most of the steel is there, it is just bent. I know that all 4 doors are there, and both door posts. It has regular opening doors in the front, and suicide doors in the back.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
drive-ability
Man,
Scrap some DNA up and hope you get a match ! WTF.gif

Sorry just kidding biggrin.gif Seems to me I saw that (thing) a year ago or so posted here asking the same question. Drag it out and put it together (prop the parts up) it might be easier to gauge. Post it on the oldies but goodies forums..
David_S
QUOTE(drive-ability @ May 11 2009, 12:53 AM) *

Man,

I hear ya !!! I have been known to be a glutton for punishment! I need to drag it out, but he lives about 40 miles from me, and I was a little pressed for time. Maybe over the next couple of weekends I can do something with it. I know that it don't look like much, but we have started with worse and ended up with some pretty decent rides !
euro911
Wow ... that's more than I'd care to tackle, but it looks cool.

... just remember - 'Rust is no bargain - at any price' shades.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(drive-ability @ May 10 2009, 10:53 PM) *

Man,

Sorry just kidding biggrin.gif Seems to me I saw that (thing) a year ago or so posted here asking the same question. Drag it out and put it together (prop the parts up) it might be easier to gauge. Post it on the oldies but goodies forums..

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
PeeGreen 914
I believe this is a 1920's Tutanus Shot. beerchug.gif
VaccaRabite
The front does not look to be too bad at all. Can't tell with the doors. back and roof look bent but in tact.

I see either red primer or lots of surface rust. I don't see holes. Dip it and see if there is still metal there.

no idea what it is though.

Zach
jmill
Looks like a 1929 chevy to me. The cowl vent and side detail are dead ringers to a 1929 chevy.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(jmill @ May 11 2009, 07:24 AM) *

Looks like a 1929 chevy to me. The cowl vent and side detail are dead ringers to a 1929 chevy.

Or maybe not. Three 1929 Chevys.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
jmill
The visor is wrong but the door metal detail below the window and the "arrows" on the right and left sides of the cowl is the same (as compared to the green 4 door). Back in the 20's the chassis' were made by the auto manufacturers (chevy, dodge, etc)and the bodies were made by other companies. These companies sold bodies to several manufacturers. They would change them up a bit for each manufacturer.
PeeGreen 914
That looks very close. beerchug.gif Could be a very cool project.
rick 918-S
Yep, Whippet! The fire wall is the giveaway.
boxstr
Whippet Good, by DEVO
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Nana's_914 @ May 11 2009, 09:32 AM) *

Looks like a 1929 Whippet.

Thats more like it.
David_S
I believe that, compared to the pics, it is a Whippet. Mow I just to see what I can get it for. I know that it doesn't look like much, but there is plenty of stuff there to work with, and I like a challenge!!! I am going to try to dig it out in the next couple of weeks and see what happens !

Rick, do you have any more pics of the one that you posted ?
TJB/914
QUOTE(boxstr @ May 11 2009, 09:24 AM) *

Whippet Good, by DEVO

I agree, Whippet.

RAT Rods are cool and low buck to build. Anything goes, like this one. drooley.gif

Tom
rick 918-S
Hi David, No I just used google photos and typed in Whippet. Thats what I found.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.