Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Phoenix 914-6gt winter project '09
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
Before I get going on this I want to thank those who have been such great helps with parts and knowledge and graciousness.

Jeff H. (sixnotfour) for really everything involved with what I'm doing. aktion035.gif

Tim Kornacki for getting me into 914s and learning from him all that I have. smilie_pokal.gif

Chris Williams (Efutto101) for all sorts of stuff.

Eric Shea (Eric_Shea) PMB performance for all the brake stuff and consistant help.

Jonathan (hwgunner) GPR for all the elephant stuff and some misc. stuff.

Rich Dauenhauer for the use of his welder and a few misc parts. welder.gif

All the local guys for the support and BS you're always good for beerchug.gif smilie_pokal.gif sawzall-smiley.gif cheer.gif

Okay, so to the project:

So this winter I decided to rebuild my 2.4l T engine to a better AX engine. I bought this engine rough running knowing I was going to need to rebuild it. So we built a nice 2.4l engine that is about an E spec engine that should do well for AX. Then I wanted to shed a little unwanted metal, some of the rear, old four mounts, and other stuff. Not really to make it lighter but to make it a little cleaner and easier to work on. So after the engine was out I decided to repaint the engine bay and move the fuel pump to the front.

Okay, I did a lot of stuff. I'll let the pictures do most of the talking from here on out.

I will start with the parts beer.gif
PeeGreen 914
sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif Now to the work and assembly
PeeGreen 914
Did I mention I did a little too much at once? huh.gif poke.gif
PeeGreen 914
finally the brakes done by Eric Shea drooley.gif
PeeGreen 914
I forgot to mention Zack (Vacca Rabbit) for his awesome shift knob and Rich Johnson for his 6 accel linkage beerchug.gif .

More pictures to come. I just need to add fuel and button up the top side of the engine. Soooo close...
carr914
Looking Good Jon, Good Luck at the Races driving.gif

T.C.
MoveQik
Nice Jon! See how productive you can be when the market slows down!! poke.gif
computers4kids
Dang, I've got to see your car in person. beer.gif
DNHunt
Jon that looks really nice.

I can hardly wait to see it run

dave
Tom
Looking great Jon. Hope to get out to see it at the next AX.
Tom
Zaney
Awesome job Jon!

I am jealous of the Eric Shea brake setup!
Hopefully, I will make it out to watch some of the AX this summer. (my car still under the knife. sad.gif )

beerchug.gif Have Fun!
jcambo7
Looks awesome Jon. I cant wait to see it in person when I come back home to visit. beerchug.gif smilie_pokal.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(MoveQik @ May 11 2009, 06:39 AM) *

Nice Jon! See how productive you can be when the market slows down!! poke.gif

sad.gif Yeah... but I'd rather be selling homes.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Zaney @ May 11 2009, 08:28 AM) *

Awesome job Jon!

I am jealous of the Eric Shea brake setup!
Hopefully, I will make it out to watch some of the AX this summer. (my car still under the knife. sad.gif )

beerchug.gif Have Fun!

I look forward to seeing many teeners out there beerchug.gif The shootout is in Pacwood this year in August and I hope we have a big turn out from our NW guys.

Thanks for the compliments guys.
PeeGreen 914
Opps... I forgot to add a thanks to Curt and Nick, Greenie and Slow914, for their amazing bodywork skills and the use of their tool. beerchug.gif
shoguneagle
Excellent job and LOOKIN' GOOD!

Steve Hurt
carr914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 11 2009, 02:45 PM) *

Opps... the use of their tool. beerchug.gif

lol-2.gif
MDG
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 11 2009, 03:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 11 2009, 02:45 PM) *

Opps... the use of their tool. beerchug.gif

lol-2.gif

busted.gif Those north west guys seem pretty, er, tight don't they?
MDG
and I forgot to add, your car looks Fantastic!! smilie_pokal.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 11 2009, 10:45 AM) *

Opps... I forgot to add a thanks to Curt and Nick, Greenie and Slow914, for their amazing bodywork skills and the use of their tool. beerchug.gif

Oh dear... You didn't use their "tool" did you? I thought that was illegal in Washington? lol-2.gif
6freak
NICE WORK BOVEY AND COMPANY..SEE ON THE 23RD
PeeGreen 914
that was supposed to be tools. We are a tight group up here but we don't allow showing of individuals tool. huh.gif

Sorry to get you Southern boys excited poke.gif
pete-stevers
lookin GREAT Jon!! keep the pictures coming!
BMXerror
HOLY COW that's a lot of dollars in those pics! And where did that muffler come from? That's badass! aktion035.gif Is it from a Boxster S, or is it custom?
Mark D.
J P Stein
I'm sure Dave at Triad will make you one......it is a bit on the loud side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdqgERs5P74...player_embedded
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(BMXerror @ May 11 2009, 06:05 PM) *

HOLY COW that's a lot of dollars in those pics! And where did that muffler come from? That's badass! aktion035.gif Is it from a Boxster S, or is it custom?
Mark D.

I call it the "JP Stein" biggrin.gif Yes, Dave at Triad can make you one. It is loud but light. I am thinking of having him do another withouth the glass packs. Thinking of having him make it like straight pipes coming out of the crossover. May need to wait on that for a while though blink.gif
PanelBilly
Good work. All that progress and a new baby in the house too!
Lou W
Very nice Jon. beerchug.gif
6freak
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ May 11 2009, 10:29 PM) *

Good work. All that progress and a new baby in the house too!

Hope you had enough money left over to buy your beautiful wife a VERY VERY nice Mothers day present.
nsr-jamie
just wanted to say you have one of the nicest 914's I have seen around....I hope mine will turn out as nice as yours someday.
PeeGreen 914

Wow thanks. beerchug.gif I really like it and am itching to get it on the road. driving.gif
sixnotfour
I guess all it needs is some spark happy11.gif
effutuo101
lol-2.gif

popcorn[1].gif
PeeGreen 914
So Jeff and Chris came over and we got everything all sorted out and put back together. All things are go and I took it out for the first time in a few months. This engine feels nice piratenanner.gif Great power and it isn't even tuned yet. Just need to break it in and get in tuned. AX next Saturday and Sunday to look forward to aktion035.gif I'll add more pictures tomorrow....er, when I wake up in the morning.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.