Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cavaners and Travlers to the WCR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeSharp
It is part of my job to travel in the L.A. Megalopolis, been doing it for 25 years now. I can give help to those who get stuck in the traffic. Of course rush hour will be the pits but there are some things that can help you get through.

Call me when you get stuck and I’ll guide you in.
Work 562-940-2350
Home 714-8478002
Cell 323-351-4686
Good Luck
dw914er
Thanks Joe

I'm sure the caravan I'm traveling with will probably need some tips.

(Ken, Tom, and I are leaving friday from slo at 12:15ish, so we'll be at the 101/5 at 3:30-3:45 sad.gif)
Heeltoe914
QUOTE(dw914er @ May 11 2009, 03:14 PM) *

Thanks Joe

(Ken, Tom, and I are leaving friday from slo at 12:15ish, so we'll be at the 101/5 at 3:30-3:45 sad.gif)

I am sorry to say but that is absolutely the worst time to be going down the 5 fry. Have lots of CDs and pull off to cool off.

Also for anyone going to this event My shop will be open 24hrs for anyone needing repairs even after the day on track at Willow. I am sure your 914 is in top shape but you never know call anytime I am about 50 mins from the Hotel but I have a trailer. Call 818 266 7774
jimtab
Very nice of you, hope I don't need your services....so where the hell is Tujunga(really?) at anyhow?
JoeSharp
210 and the 118, or there abouts.
Heeltoe914
QUOTE(jimtab @ May 11 2009, 08:07 PM) *

Very nice of you, hope I don't need your services....so where the hell is Tujunga(really?) at anyhow?

Foothills of Los Angeles, ref; Pasadena Glendale not to worry its a free service if you need it this weekend only. FYI; Not the parts
carreraguy
[quote name='dw914er' post='1168231' date='May 11 2009, 03:14 PM']
Thanks Joe
[/quote]
I am sorry to say but that is absolutely the worst time to be going down the 5 fry. Have lots of CDs and pull off to cool off.
[/quote]

Everyone who has EVER lived in or near the LA basin know there is no good time to drive on "The 5". Ben is my co-pilot thus we can use the carpool lane so that "should" help a little. biggrin.gif

Of course I have been building up the clutch leg at the gym for the last few weeks!
dlo914
See ya guys Friday night =) Thanks again Joe!
dw914er
Tom, we'll be good to go in the carpool lane smile.gif

well, sorta, but we'll survive. lol biggrin.gif
Steve
During the day the hours of 10am - 2pm are the only semi safe times to drive the freeways in So Cal. I also never take the 5 south through LA. Coming from Northern Cal I always take 405 south instead.
dw914er
actually, would the 405 be a better bet?

Also, would maybe taking the 210 all the way to the 57 be better. I know the 57 is usually pretty free when I hit it during rish hour, and then backtrack to irvine? A backtrack, yes, but carpool the 210 and yea...
dw914er
actually, we should be better off. We're leaving the SLO area at probably 11.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.