Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shift coupler set screw pitch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scoobykvn
I am at work right now so I can't just look at it, but I am trying to figure out the thread size for the shift coupler set screw.
VaccaRabite
Those screws can be had from either Auto Atlanta or Pelican. They have a specific detent at the bottom that may not be there on set screws from True Value or other local sources.

Zach
scoobykvn
I know that, I have what I need but a PO messed up the threads on the coupler and I need to buy a helicoil to temporarily fix it while I am waiting for a new coupler.
tomeric914
QUOTE(scoobykvn @ May 11 2009, 11:31 AM) *

I know that, I have what I need but a PO messed up the threads on the coupler and I need to buy a helicoil to temporarily fix it while I am waiting for a new coupler.

I'm pretty sure its 8mm x 1.25 but I don't think there is enough material for a HeliCoil after you drill it out. Can you just run a tap to clean up the threads?
Cap'n Krusty
8x 1.25, and there's plenty of meat for a Helicoil. Buying a helicoil kit is apt to cost more than a new coupler.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.