Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got backed into
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
I waited sooooooo long to have 914 that I could actually drive around. Finally got one last summer, a 73 2.0 originally from California, I have put close to 800 KM on it since then and yesterday I went to get some hot dog buns as the weather was nice enough and a very distracted lady backed into me with her bigass truck. The boyfriend or husband who was in the passenger seat called her every name in the book with rapid fire metaphors not unlike an experienced drill Sergeant. I felt so bad for her I even stopped thinking about my car, which is now at the body shop of the best guy there is around here. I am now looking at what a beautiful day it is, the kind where you can't wait to take your teener out and go for a ride and then do yard work or chores. I am maybe guilty of trying to get some sympathy, I'm just pissed, I went through 2 different 914's to finally get a good one, built an extra garage bay to house it then a huge financial setback which took time to recover from and finally a great car you could actually drive around while you did all the little things over time to make it into something you could be really proud of.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
rick 918-S
Dude that sux! I feel bad for you. But from your story I sense you feel equally bad for the woman that hit your car. Sounds like she's in an abusive relationship. Your a good man. When you get over the shock and feel like posting pics let's see the damage.
Ian Stott
Thank you for your kind words saying I felt bad for the woman and yeah you are right, the guy was very abusive to her and the little girl seemed to cower when he hollered so yeah, I felt to show how upset I was over my car was gonna make it worse for her. Anyway I handled him OK as he was calling me buddy and good guy before too long. My concern now is: as good as my bodyman is I think we are gonna have a challenge reproducing the curves of the quarter panel, anyone with ideas or suggestions please chime in, and secondly my car will now always be one that has been hit as opposed to pristine, oh well I think I should go mow the lawn before I go postal aver this.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
jimtab
While none of us like to have their car dinged, it's important to remember that it's just a car, made of metal that can be fixed in most cases....no one was hurt or bleeding out...etc. It's a pain in the ass but ultimately fixable....just remember the frozen snowball......because 5 milliion years in the future when our sun has burned out, and Earth is just a frozen snowball drifting through space.....none of this shit will matter......have a better day tomorrow.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(jimtab @ May 12 2009, 11:58 AM) *

While none of us like to have their car dinged, it's important to remember that it's just a car, made of metal that can be fixed in most cases....no one was hurt or bleeding out...etc. It's a pain in the ass but ultimately fixable....just remember the frozen snowball......because 5 milliion years in the future when our sun has burned out, and Earth is just a frozen snowball drifting through space.....none of this shit will matter......have a better day tomorrow.

agree.gif
Ian Stott
Well my day has certainly taken a turn for the better, someone who owes me money called and has my money, enough to gets my rims professionaly done!! and to top it off a good old buddy I went through basic with oh so long ago is in town and is dropping by tommorrow. I shall rush out and get some beer in the morning and tidy up my garage!

Ian Stott
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.