Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Pressure Regulator ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thompson-mfr
I tried adjusting my fuel pressure regulator yesterday and it didn't seem to make any difference. If I wiggle it, it changes the idle a little.

Do these get blocked or fail?

I have seen you can buy new ones for pretty cheap.

(maybe a second problem) Also, now my fuel pump is staying on after the key is on with the key in acc position, not the normal 2 seconds then waits for me to start. I posted a thread yesterday about coil wiring hook up but got no response. I have a 74 2.0 with original FI.

I have my coil hooked up accordingly. Both black/red's to the (+) and green (dizzy) black/purple to (-) sides of the coil.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Ryan
SLITS
Pressure regulator doesn't really have anything to do with idle, except possibly to lean the mixture by reduction in fuel pressure or richen by an increase in fuel pressure.

If you didn't have a gauge tied in to read the pressure, you won't find out shit. They generally don't fail.

If your fuel pump is still running in the "On" position, without the engine running, I would say check the fuel pump relay as it is stuck closed.

The coil hook up is fine. You say "both black/reds to the + side". I am not aware that there are two of them and I own 3 2.0L cars.
thompson-mfr
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 12 2009, 10:53 AM) *

Pressure regulator doesn't really have anything to do with idle, except possibly to lean the mixture by reduction in fuel pressure or richen by an increase in fuel pressure.

If you didn't have a gauge tied in to read the pressure, you won't find out shit. They generally don't fail.

If your fuel pump is still running in the "On" position, without the engine running, I would say check the fuel pump relay as it is stuck closed.

The coil hook up is fine. You say "both black/reds to the + side". I am not aware that there are two of them and I own 3 2.0L cars.

I am going to hook up a fuel pressure gauge tonight to make sure I am at 28-29psi

What years are your 2.0's ?

Out of the coil loom I have:
thicker black/red
thinner black/red
black/purple (-)
green/red (oil press)

I will check my relay. It is NEW though! I will swap it and see if that works. Thanks for your help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.