Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question and Research- Factory Service Manuals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stutghaus
If someone on the forum has an original, known complete set of hard copy Factory Service Manuals( FSM's) for the 914/914-6 please check something for me. I have two sets of FSM's. One is a photocopy of a friend's set, which he said was complete. Another set is not a photocopy, but the set of binders and actual pages from a factory set. Here's the dilema. Both sets list Sections 1 and and 3 in the front index for Group 3 Transmission. Sections 1 and 3 deal with the manual 5-speed transmission. Both of my sets do not include Sections 1 and 3, but go on to show extensive Sportomatic info as advertised in the Index. Do you have Sections 1 (1.1 and 1.2) and 3 (actually 3.1) in your complete hard copy original, complete set containing Group 3 Transmission?

If I check my microfiche version of the FSM's, it includes Sections 1 and 3. I am questioning whether it is a coincidence that both of my sets just happen to be missing these sections or did Porsche not include these with the hard copy version thinking that the Technician would/could use the 911 VOL I and II Group 3 FSM that deals with the 901 transmission. Porsche did in fact follow similar logic with some other FSM's. The 911 Volumes for the 72-83 911 were sold separate from Vols I and II, which were for the earlier 911's. Porsche advised that you needed both the early set ( Vols. I and II) to go along with the subsequent 911 set. The 944 FSM's state the the 924 FSM's should be referred to for much of the body related info.

Please shed some light on this issue.

Bill
krazykonrad
Sorry not to be of help. I'm sure there is someone on the board who's up on this.

Konrad
rwjames
I have two sets of factory shop manuals. Both copywrite dated 1969.

-One set has binders that are red outside with gray vinyl on the inside and aluminum circular rings around the hole on the spine.

-One set has binders that are red on the outside and inside and no aluminum rings around the holes in the spine.

Bot sets have sections 1 and 3.

I sounds like you are missing a couple sections.
stutghaus
QUOTE(rwjames @ May 12 2009, 10:00 PM) *

I have two sets of factory shop manuals. Both copywrite dated 1969.

-One set has binders that are red outside with gray vinyl on the inside and aluminum circular rings around the hole on the spine.

-One set has binders that are red on the outside and inside and no aluminum rings around the holes in the spine.

Bot sets have sections 1 and 3.

I sounds like you are missing a couple sections.

Thanks for your help.

Bill

Max914
I have a set in gray binders purchased from PP a little less than a year ago.

I am also missing section 1 but I do have section 3.
Katmanken
Index in my manuals is different from the section pages.

Looks like they redid the organization of the manual, and eliminated some sections.

The info is there, but it is now in either section 3 (manual) or section 4(sporto) which seems to make more sense than the indexes bouncing around from manual to sporto to manual to sporto to manual to sporto.

For example, manual tranny removal is now in the manual tranny section 3, rather than in another section.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.