Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Bumpers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rexer
I am new to this site and just picked up a 75 2.0. I am trying to find out if it is possible to convert from the heavy rubber bumpers to the 73 or 74 style bumpers? If so, how hard is it to do?
Thanks,
Paul Russell
914rrr
QUOTE(rexer @ May 12 2009, 11:33 PM) *

I am new to this site and just picked up a 75 2.0. I am trying to find out if it is possible to convert from the heavy rubber bumpers to the 73 or 74 style bumpers? If so, how hard is it to do?
Thanks,
Paul Russell

Hi Paul,

welcome.png

Feel free to contact my husband and he can help you out with this. I will PM our contact info to you.

Happy Driving!
driving-girl.gif
porschecb
Hi Paul. I got your email yesterday will respond here. I am right in the middle of doing a bumper backdate you are welcome to come over this weekend and i can show you everything you need to do and get. PM me if you want to come over.

Michael

Oh and welcome.png

There is also a how to thread on here.
boxstr
Paul Welcome to the World. You can look in the Search feature and find a backdate thread.
The hardest part is to find the chrome bumpers and good top rubbers.
Once you have found your bumpers the rest is easy.
Good luck.
CCLINBUMPME
PanelBilly
Can't be done!
johannes
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ May 13 2009, 08:10 PM) *

Can't be done!

lol-2.gif
Cevan
In all seriousness, yes. The PO did mine. Just do a search.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Jerry75914
Finding a good bumper is definitely the hardest part. I just backdated my rear bumper last night. It's not difficult, but you do need to poke holes in the right places sawzall-smiley.gif

There are posts with pics of hole locations and measurements. These will get you very close, but measure for your specific car. I found that they were slightly off when I measured the hole locations on the car vs. the spacing on the bumper.

It's not hard, just be patient! Also good idea to get a round hand file so you can widen the holes as needed.
boxstr
One thing I definetly recommend. Is get studs for the bumpers, rather than bolts. It is so much easier and you can do it by yourself.
Don't forget to use the dogbones.
CCLINBUMPANDGRIND
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.