Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: door lock cylinder peice broken/worn
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
the key lock/unlock became non op awhile back so i ordered the cam that always seems to break. took the handle off but found a replacement cam in good condition. what was happpening was the lever screw on the lock cylinder had lossened and 3 of the 4 "locating nipples" wore/broke off. tightening seems to temparily get it by, but probably won't last long. i guess i'll have to locate a good lock cylinder portion and rekey it. has anyone seen this happen before?
Click to view attachment
SLITS
come on by Slits's Asshole Garage ... I'm sure I can find a broken door handle that you can pull the guts out of and rekey it to replace yours.
orange914
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 13 2009, 05:31 AM) *

come on by Slits's Asshole Garage ... I'm sure I can find a broken door handle that you can pull the guts out of and rekey it to replace yours.

i appreciate the offer, i wish we could make the WCR this year we would've been in your neighborhood? beerchug.gif

mike
URY914
I have plenty of handle guts. PM me
Jeffs9146
SLITS, Where in SoCal are you? I am in Hollywood now and I am driving up Hwy 5 on Thursday Night. I could meet Orange914 at 132 and Hwy 5 if he is interested in a closer delivery!
orange914
QUOTE(URY914 @ May 13 2009, 04:40 PM) *

I have plenty of handle guts. PM me

QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ May 13 2009, 04:48 PM) *

SLITS, Where in SoCal are you? I am in Hollywood now and I am driving up Hwy 5 on Thursday Night. I could meet Orange914 at 132 and Hwy 5 if he is interested in a closer delivery!

you guys are great beerchug.gif , unfortunately my injury holds me back from any extra ventures out unless well planned in advance. however, we (my son kenny & i) ARE planning to meet the NW crew going to WCR friday morning @ e. louise exit on I-5. we aren't going but probably will caravan a few miles down with them just for the cruise.

mike
Jeffs9146
Is anyone going from the east bay area? If SLITS is not to far from Hollywood, I can pick one up and give it to someone in the east bay to bring to the WRC...?
SLITS
Not near Hollywierd.

PM me an address and I will mail the guts. USPS may not be the best, but it will eventually get there.
Jeffs9146
OK, I bow out....sorry I couldn't help!
orange914
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 13 2009, 06:36 PM) *

Not near Hollywierd.

PM me an address and I will mail the guts. USPS may not be the best, but it will eventually get there.

i'll p.m. you.

thanks all, mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.