Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bad Time for 914's?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
banger
I guess it must be fate, was reading about people Oldschool's insurance dealings, then went out to the store, and got rear ended on the way back. I guess the ladys thought that green means go, even though the car in front of her (me), wasnt moving yet. Needless to say, it looks like I will be looking for a new rear trunk lid, bumper, trunk floor, bumper cover etc...

PeeGreen 914
headbang.gif
Ian Stott
I got hit the other day and know how you feel, my sympathies are genuine. We have a 95 Jeep and nobody ever hits that thing, go figure. I hope your repairs work out to your satisfaction.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
banger
Example of why some people shouldnt be allowed to drive...

IPB Image
jcambo7
headbang.gif Man that sucks...do 914's have a invisible target or something? headbang.gif If I got hit it would make me want to tear into someone major... ar15.gif mad.gif
GaroldShaffer
mad.gif Damn that sucks. I added a 3rd brake light to my 914. It came off a mid 80's Corvette (I believe). My car is not stock so it doesn't really bother me that its not period correct. Works great.

Click to view attachment

Shines nice and bright

Click to view attachment
banger
Maybe a third brake light would help, I had though about it. But for this accident, it was just stupidity on her part. The light had turned green, and she nailed the accelerator, and hit me before I even let the clutch out. I guess she must have been in a rush to go somewhere. Thankfully she did it right in front of a police officer, so she had no excuses.
swl
Who says there's never a cop around when you need one!

Truly a bummer. It's a bloody epidemic out there! We don't need a third light we need a tail gunner!
Elliot Cannon
These cars are so low to the ground, sometimes they are not seen or not expected to be where they are. Maybe a big flag on a long whip antena ala dune buggies would help. It would also help if people would pull their heads out of their asses and pay attention when they are driviing. It's good the cop was there. Maybe you should look for a good ambulance chaser. Larry Parker?
markb
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 13 2009, 04:14 PM) *

It would also help if people would pull their heads out of their asses and pay attention when they are driviing.

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner. dry.gif
pete-stevers
i bought one of those corvette tail lights as well, i am sure it has saved me more than once, dumb construction types seem to tail me a little to close for my liking in their big jacked up trucks, i pull into the slow lane rather quickly when i see one of these closing in my review mirror....
EdwardBlume
Wow! My Olympic blue '74 2.0 has a CA blue plate of "UDI". Yours must be in the family for awhile.

PM me and let me know what you need and when. I have a '73 parts car in very good condition with front end damage.
brp986s
Sorry to see that. I thought you had a red car. Got 2?
banger
I guess I was lucky today. I have Mercury insurance, and so does the person who hit me. Needless to say, they sent me to a local body shop for a damage appraisal. One of the first things the guy asked is whether I knew a good site for 914 parts. I told him to check Pelican and Autoatlanta, which of course was good, knowing their prices. He quoted the prices from them, and from Porsche. I was surprised to find that Porsche still has the rear trunk sheet metal available from Germany. After a while, the appraiser starts talking about how he bought a 914 in 1970, and how much he loved the car. He even took pictures of the normal rust areas on the car to prove to Mercury that the car was in very good shape, and shouldnt be totaled. Even he was surprised when Mercury told him that they value 914's at $9500-12500. The total repair estimate was $6550. Hopefully Mercury goes for this and sends the check soon :-)
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(banger @ May 13 2009, 10:11 PM) *

I guess I was lucky today. I have Mercury insurance, and so does the person who hit me. Needless to say, they sent me to a local body shop for a damage appraisal. One of the first things the guy asked is whether I knew a good site for 914 parts. I told him to check Pelican and Autoatlanta, which of course was good, knowing their prices. He quoted the prices from them, and from Porsche. I was surprised to find that Porsche still has the rear trunk sheet metal available from Germany. After a while, the appraiser starts talking about how he bought a 914 in 1970, and how much he loved the car. He even took pictures of the normal rust areas on the car to prove to Mercury that the car was in very good shape, and shouldnt be totaled. Even he was surprised when Mercury told him that they value 914's at $9500-12500. The total repair estimate was $6550. Hopefully Mercury goes for this and sends the check soon :-)

This sounds like its going to be a happy ending. Maybe "Oldschool" should go visit this guy!
banger
The appraiser for the body shop also told me they had just painted a 914 for one of the 914 world members. So I guess this guy may be the person to speak to for repairs and appraisals.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.