Hi everyone, Len Hoffman here. Jake and I have an engine that we have been using as a test bed for cam and head combos. Since we don't plan on doing any comprehesive flat tappet T4 R&D while we are knee deep in 986 and 996 development, this engine is not needed right now. We are therefore offering it to the public for $6,000.00

We've decided to use the proceeds to fund our '09 SCCA racing adventures. If we sell this engine, we can buy more racing tires and continue spanking a variety of water-cooled racers for the rest of the year! In other words, the baby needs shoes!

The engine is currently dissassmbled. All parts are in great condition (photos available) and are suitable for racing, AX or spirited driving. At this point the engine is configured for wet sump, but can be optionally prepped for dry sump.
The engine never suffered a failure of any kind.

Whomever purchases the engine will consult with Jake on the selection of the cam that goes in and with me regarding the level of head prep. Once purchased the unit will be assembled to longblock form. The engine can be finished and shipped complete as an option as well.

The engine is based on an EA case. The case work is as follow:
-Galleys tapped and plugged.
-Spigots decked
-Machined for HD, anti-shuffle case bolts
-The pump passages are enlarged and port-matched
-Align-bored
-HD headstuds installed.

-The crank is a balanced, nitrided 2.0 with stock journals

-JE forged pistons with a dome that can be milled to lower compression if
desired, new rings installed. Fitted to iron cylinders.

-Pauter rods, balanced

I have a pair of 2.0 914 heads that I plan to prep for it. The castings are in good condition and will make a very nice pair of heads when I'm done withh them. If for some reason 1.8 or 1.7 heads are preferred we can certainly substitute.

The default specs for the heads are 42 x 36mm valves with single springs, but they can be optionally prepped to different specifications that will meet the purchasers requirements, from stock to more advanced.

Regardless of the performance level the heads are prepped to, they will have the following work and parts.

All new valve seats, guides, valves, springs, ground keepers, HD rocker
studs, HD ex. studs. Plus all machine work which includes, but is not
limited to;

The plug bosses are welded shut and new threads are machined (no inserts)
for 12mm or 14mm plugs (your choice).

Any inserts or non factory repairs in the ex stud bosses are machined out
and new stud bosses welded in. All bosses are machined to accept HD step
studs and the oval counterbore that the copper ex gasket fits in is
resurfaced.

Any damaged M6 or M5 threads are repaired.

All work is done on a fixture on a Bridgeport mill.

The new valve seats are machined using Serdi tooling.

Ofcouse the heads are flycut and the chambers cc'd.

Valve stem hts are set to within .010" (+ or - .005"), which is a 1/4 turn
of an adjusting screw.

The only components reused on the heads, aside from the casting itself, are the intake studs. And if they are flaky they are replaced as well.

This is an oppurtunity for someone to get proven parts and technology at a very good price, and to help racers race. Hard to beat a deal like that!

Len