Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Nice But
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
I saw a BMW on the way to work today.

Usually i spot cars way up ahead and for fun i try to identify them. (the sporty looking ones) but today I saw one I have not yet seen, and i could not identify it, untill i was right next to it. I like cars that try to look different than the rest.

i kinda like this one, from the back anyway

wadda you guys think??

stirthepot.gif
Derek Seymour
German engineering with British styling... cool!
kart54
been around for a few years now. Expensive but nice. I'd take it.
Kart54
Zundfolge
Yep, the Z8 is pretty nice ... was produced 2000-2003.

Very fast and very expensive (when new they were 6 figures)

There's currently 10 or so of them on eBay Motors (from $65k on up)
turboman808
I always thought that was a beautiful car but way over priced.
carr914
I think all the rare BMWs are cool. Z-8, M-1, Z-1, Mid 80's M3, M-Coupe, etc. I don't care for the run of the mill, Trophy-Wife putting on Make-up going down the Hwy doing 90 to get the Poodle's manicure Bimmers

T.C.
Demick
There are 3 people at my work who have those. They ran $225K-$250K new (list price was quite a bit lower, but that's what it took to get them new) . Gorgeous car with the top down, but look funky with the top up.
carr914
The Z-8 was a Bond car - Sorry I can't remember the movie name - the Z-8 got cut in half. They used BMW Cruiser bikes in that movie too.

T.C.
Derek Seymour
I think the hardtop gives it an Austin or Jagesque look.. I dig it.. but I like odd looking cars.

IPB Image
ClayPerrine
Kinda looks like a Miata to me.....

Lou W
Ford Aerostar.

av-943.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Lou W @ May 13 2009, 02:21 PM) *

Ford Aerostar.

av-943.gif

Finally got a connection up there, huh Lou? smoke.gif

Hows it?
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 13 2009, 01:03 PM) *

The Z-8 was a Bond car - Sorry I can't remember the movie name - the Z-8 got cut in half. They used BMW Cruiser bikes in that movie too.

T.C.

The world is not enough
Derek Seymour
QUOTE(Lou W @ May 13 2009, 02:21 PM) *

Ford Aerostar.
av-943.gif

You might be on to something...
IPB Image

Ford Synthesis

dw914er
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ May 13 2009, 02:30 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ May 13 2009, 01:03 PM) *

T.C.

The world is not enough

agree.gif

cool looking car... theres one in slo that i see putt around
MDG
. . . and the one that inspired it.

1958 BMW 507

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
plymouth37
I really like the Z8, pretty rare car, less than 6000 total made over the 3 years they were in production.
smj
Love the 507! Not bloody likely I'd ever wind up with one, of course - how rare are they?

Z8 is nice and E-type-esque, but even if I had the coin I doubt I'd spend it that way.
MDG
QUOTE(smj @ May 13 2009, 08:25 PM) *

Love the 507! Not bloody likely I'd ever wind up with one, of course - how rare are they?

Z8 is nice and E-type-esque, but even if I had the coin I doubt I'd spend it that way.

They made less than 300 - hand built each one. I believe on a good day at auction these have to be pushing half a million - maybe not these days. Obviously they don't come up often.

Elvis with his.

Click to view attachment
Wes V
Ya, it's a Z8.

All aluminum body and V8 engine! So hot!!!!!

It's one of those "I just won the lottery" cars. Just a dream.

Wes
914junkie
Click to view attachment
I always liked Z8's aktion035.gif I took a picture of this one at PIR during the Historic Races.
JmuRiz
The wheels look larger than normal, my guess is the Alpina Z8:

IPB Image

Always liked the Z8....then BMW went all crazy with their 'flame-surfacing' designs barf.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.