Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.8 air box bracket for fi
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
ok, i know i can be kinda drunk.gif sometimes, but...

i got the bracket for my air cleaner in the mail about a month ago, and it is still in the trunk of my car. I am currently using a bunjee cord to keep the box tight in one spot. The bracket has three holes for bolts. I cannot seem to align it with any three bolts anywhere.

please let me know how and wich bolts fasten this puppy on

pic would help too>

thanks guys and gals

huh.gif
Cevan
I assume this car originally came with L-Jet? It might be easier to remove the airbox/AFM and bolt the bracket to the lower half of the airbox and then reattach the airbox/AFM to the rubber intake tube. You should then be able to line up the bracket to the 3 holes in the engine compartment.
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ May 13 2009, 02:06 PM) *

ok, i know i can be kinda drunk.gif sometimes, but...

i got the bracket for my air cleaner in the mail about a month ago, and it is still in the trunk of my car. I am currently using a bunjee cord to keep the box tight in one spot. The bracket has three holes for bolts. I cannot seem to align it with any three bolts anywhere.

please let me know how and wich bolts fasten this puppy on

pic would help too>

thanks guys and gals

huh.gif

I only use the upper and lower most holes on mine...the upper hole is directly below the back of the relay board on mine...older body may not even have the holes if Ljet has not been there before...i think you said it was a 2.0??

Mine is screwed in and not bolted on, also...

Good Luck
Ken

jsayre914
The car is a 2.0, the engine is a 1.8 l-jet. swapped in

so the holes are not for the engine tin??

does it mount to the body of the car, and that is why i dont have the holes??

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ May 13 2009, 03:09 PM) *

The holes for the AFM mounting bracket are not in the engine tin, they are in the left hand frame rail under the relay board. There should be two holes in the top of the rail, and one in the side. If your car is not a 74 or newer, they wont' be there at all. But IIRC, all of the 74 and later cars have them.

I can't take pictures right now, Betty's car isn't here......
jsayre914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 13 2009, 04:13 PM) *

The holes for the AFM mounting bracket are not in the engine tin, they are in the left hand frame rail under the relay board. There should be two holes in the top of the rail, and one in the side. If your car is not a 74 or newer, they wont' be there at all. But IIRC, all of the 74 and later cars have them.

sawzall-smiley.gif what would you do, the engine is just for the summer, then it comes out and my 2.0 goes back in.??

keep the bunjee, or drill a few holes?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ May 13 2009, 03:19 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 13 2009, 04:13 PM) *

sawzall-smiley.gif what would you do, the engine is just for the summer, then it comes out and my 2.0 goes back in.??

keep the bunjee, or drill a few holes?

Mount it properly. That tube between the air flow meter and the throttle body is NLA, and they crack between the accordion pleats. Flexing it will accellerate that problem and you will get air leaks that can ruin your engine from running lean.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.