Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: id #s for a 2.0ltr
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rymann
i removed a what appears to be a 2.0 motor out of a 75, i looked at the id # by the oil fill and the # starts with a "W009" # WTF.gif that # according to the book is a 1.7 serial # any suggestions? And everything els says its a 2.0 with the way the cpu was mounted to the side of the battery the 150mph speedo the sideshift trans etc...?????? headbang.gif

thanks in advance for the help!

rob
underthetire
then its a 1.7. speedo, cpu mount, trans are all the same, 1.7-2.0
underthetire
0oh welcome.png

and it may be a 1.7 rebuilt to 2 liter. W code is Early 914.
rymann
well is there any other distinguishing marks to tell the story???? thanks for the welcom! beerchug.gif

rob
underthetire
QUOTE(rymann @ May 13 2009, 01:48 PM) *

well is there any other distinguishing marks to tell the story???? thanks for the welcom! beerchug.gif

rob

Intake to head. 3 stud 2.0, 4 stud 1.8, 1.7.
orange914
QUOTE(rymann @ May 13 2009, 12:10 PM) *

the 150mph speedo the sideshift trans etc...?????? headbang.gif

rob

speedo's read 150 from 73 to 75 and i've heard 914-6's also confused24.gif . i think somewhere in info you can find the link identifying year to year speedo's.

mike
Dave_Darling
The W engine numbers on the 914 engines aren't in front of the oil filler, they're on a boss on top of the right half of the crankcase. I think the "W" code in front of the oil filler means it was originally a VW 411 crankcase.

Not a big deal, as you can build any displacement Type IV engine on any Type IV crankcase, but...

--DD
rymann
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 13 2009, 08:26 PM) *

The W engine numbers on the 914 engines aren't in front of the oil filler, they're on a boss on top of the right half of the crankcase. I think the "W" code in front of the oil filler means it was originally a VW 411 crankcase.

Not a big deal, as you can build any displacement Type IV engine on any Type IV crankcase, but...

--DD

hey dave that might be the case because there is a vw emblem next to the "W" stamped in the case so any other tricks??? there r four studs on the intake so that is kinda telling me that it is a 1.7??? what do u think?

thanks to all for the great info!

rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.