Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine and Tranny Shipping
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cire
Howdy all,

I was wondering what company is the cheapest to ship and engine and tranny? Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.

Eric
carr914
I know you can ship a tranny on Greyhound pretty cheap. But an engine and tranny will have to be crated on a pallet. You are looking at a Commercial Freight Co I think.

T.C.
charliew
I bought a jhots ej20 motor and tranny and a bunch of tt stuff and it was on a 4x6 pallet. The size of the pallet made it a special price as I was charged for 800 lbs. I told the terminal operator when I picked it up that there was noway it could weigh that much and he said it was the pallet size. It cost 300.00 to get to Waco, TX. from I think it was Augusta. Right after that jhots opened a place in the Dallas area.
yeahmag
I've had good luck with ForwardAir in the past.

http://www.forwardair.com/
dlo914
Try Roadway Express, i had a 2.0L type4 shipped from Bellingham, WA to LA terminal to terminal for about $150-200 IIRC. It's been a while.
dbgriffith75
QUOTE(Cire @ May 13 2009, 04:57 PM) *

Howdy all,

I was wondering what company is the cheapest to ship and engine and tranny? Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.

Eric

Try DATS trucking- they are a partner company to the company I work for- Lakeville Motor Express aka Superior Cartage.

www.datstrucking.com

And if you have any questions about how to properly package and prepare the engine/tranny for shipment, don't hesitate to ask me. Besides being a truck driver I used to work the dock for LME full time and I know what it takes to keep a pallet intact for shipment.
charliew
Freightquote.com

They shop a lot of carriers for the best prices. I got a 901 from NY pretty cheap and fast. I actually met the trucker on the hwy right by my house and we put it in my pickup so he wouldn't need to come in my neighborhood.
chivana
Just shipped a 2liter w/FI from Ark. to Miami,Fl for $114.83-terminal pick up.Try freight 88 as they deal w/15-20 freight shippers.Guy to deal w/at freight 88 is Shannon Steed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.