Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: master cylinder rebuild kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
type47
Actually, someone here offered me a kit and I have searched all over to find the person without luck. Anyway, I have the MC out and as part of a restoration would like to try a rebuild as a new MC is >$200! I will replace the feed line grommets and the body rubber grommets where the lines go thru the body, so I need them too but can get these from a supplier (AA, GPR, Pelican, etc)
914Sixer
Jim,
The repro master cylinders are "suppossed" to be as good as the ATE. They run about $100. Maybe some one will chime in about them. Last time I looked kits were in the $60 range.
bdstone914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 13 2009, 04:06 PM) *

Jim,
The repro master cylinders are "suppossed" to be as good as the ATE. They run about $100. Maybe some one will chime in about them. Last time I looked kits were in the $60 range.

We bought one of the repro master cylinders and the quality was good. To my knowledge the ATE 19mm master cylinder kits are NLA. Good luck finding a NOS one.
I spoke with the sales manager for Brembo and he said most of the major brake companies are discontinuing rebuild kits for master cylinders do to the liability. You can have a good kit and a bad mater cylinder that may not work after the new kit is installed. Most mechanics do not want that nightmare. PM me and I will dig up the site where we got the repro if you are interested.
Bruce
boxstr
I have a 19MM repro at CAMP. $110. shipped to your door.
CCLINSTOPME
type47
QUOTE(boxstr @ May 13 2009, 06:46 PM) *

I have a 19MM repro at CAMP. $110. shipped to your door.
CCLINSTOPME

thanks, I'll see if this gets any traffic and contact you later.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.