Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interiors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
Would someone be kind enough to post a printable pic of the interior. I have a 73 2.0 and it is going to the upholstery guy soon and he is not quite understanding my desire for original. Collin is an artist but I am not going into a concurs situation so absolute originality is not what I am after, I just prefer the original style and look. A quality upgrade in the carpet is okay and I have seen some beautiful interiors posted here and would like to show him a pic of what a nice 914 interior should look like.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
thompson-mfr
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ May 14 2009, 09:32 AM) *

Would someone be kind enough to post a printable pic of the interior. I have a 73 2.0 and it is going to the upholstery guy soon and he is not quite understanding my desire for original. Collin is an artist but I am not going into a concurs situation so absolute originality is not what I am after, I just prefer the original style and look. A quality upgrade in the carpet is okay and I have seen some beautiful interiors posted here and would like to show him a pic of what a nice 914 interior should look like.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

You should go to the Originality and History section. They have a whole section on interiors. You may be able to click on this link and it will take you there. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=58444

James from www.914ap.com sells anything you would need and may be cheaper than an upholstery guy. He is a good friend of mine and does amazzzzzing work. Check out the site. He also sells on eBay. A lot of the interiors you see are from him. Very original.

Here is one example. Not mine, but from that section of the site.

Click to view attachment
jsayre914
try this link

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...amp;hl=interior
Ian Stott
Thanks for posting the link it was great! There was a picture of an interior not too long ago that is not in that link, everything was black I think, anyone remember that or know whose car it was?

Ian Stott
detoxcowboy
second on james at appearance and performance.. very nice.. great price good service.. a few to choose from/./
robby750
Here is mine. Not completely stock but close.
Ferg
If no concours dare to be a "bit" different.

Ian Stott
Robby thanks for the pic, that is very much the look I am looking for, would you post or email some more? I would like to see where the backpad meets the middle seat/storage bin and also yor door sill area with the doors open. What did you do in the trunks? Nice car by the way.

Ian Stott
robby750
I would be happy to post some more pics. Unfortunately, my wife is out and about in my car trying to impress a client right now (lets hope it works). I'll try to post some more tomorrow evening.
Ian Stott
Thanks a bunch Robby I look forward to seeing the pics, you can email them to me personally if you like or post them here.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
firstknight13
QUOTE(Ferg @ May 14 2009, 03:01 PM) *

If no concours dare to be a "bit" different.

sorry i couldn't help it biggrin.gif .........ray
EdwardBlume
Way to re-use that favorite 70's couch!!! biggrin.gif
biosurfer1
Robby...what kind of steering wheel is that?
Elliot Cannon
Absolute stock, original interior. (With a few options in 73)
Ian Stott
Wow keep em coming! It is interesting to see all the different ideas people have come up with over the years. I am wondering about the area where the middle seat/storage compartment meets the backpad, my upholstery guy has a few ideas but I wanted to see other people's stuff before I made a decision.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
robby750
Ian, here are the pics. Brett, that is a Momo Jackie Stewart Edition wheel.
robby750
Last one. Let me know if you need any more.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ May 14 2009, 02:32 PM) *

Thanks for posting the link it was great! There was a picture of an interior not too long ago that is not in that link, everything was black I think, anyone remember that or know whose car it was?

Ian Stott

If you're looking towards originality, remember - the carpeting was never black from the factory. Always shades of gray.
Pat
Slick914
I posted my black interior not too long ago here... http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...ck+is+beautiful

Ian Stott
Great looking cars, thanks a lot for posting the pics and they printed up quite nicely. There was one posted here a while back that was gray carpet I think with black floor mats that had the word Porsche embroidered into them. I may have that wrong but if anyone remembers that car or if you own it could we get another peek?? I have decided to stay as close to original as possible re. the look, but if Collin uses better material I'm OK with that. Collin won an award at Sema this year for an interior he did and is a true artist but I don't want to let him loose completely and end up with something that is too far out.................if ya know what I mean.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Helix914
1974 2.0 Liter

Restored to original with exception to the stereo and steering wheel.
I still have the stock steering wheel and may swap that out soon.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
smj
Attached is the best shot I could find of the backpad and center "seat" in my 914-6. I checked for the -4 and couldn't find anything that showed that area, but there are other interior pics available...

1970 914-6
1974 914-4

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.