Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ground point? If so, for what?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rjames
Should there be a ground wire attached here? Seems like I recall a thread stating all of the ground points in a 914, and behind the relay board on the firewall was one of them. Is that correct, and if so, which ground should be attached here?

Click to view attachment

Wait, I just had a 'duh' moment. Is this just a bolt that secures something inside the cabin?
tracks914
I think that's the back of the seat belt bolt. The ground is on the outside wall to the left in that picture.
rjames
QUOTE(tracks914 @ May 14 2009, 06:37 PM) *

I think that's the back of the seat belt bolt. The ground is on the outside wall to the left in that picture.

Well then, I'm so glad I pulled back the firewall pad and ripped it a bit to get a better look at. headbang.gif
Now I'm off to see if there is indeed the ground on the outside wall and I'll try not to ruin anything else while I'm in there...
EdwardBlume
av-943.gif yeah, that's your seat belt. Let me know if you need another engine pad.
rymann
seatbelt is bolted to side pillar it looks like some one put that there for the seat pad that they prob broke the tab off of the seat pad and made that to hold the top of the pad

good luck
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(rymann @ May 14 2009, 08:04 PM) *

seatbelt is bolted to side pillar it looks like some one put that there for the seat pad that they prob broke the tab off of the seat pad and made that to hold the top of the pad

good luck

That's where the top of the belt with the spring retractor attaches. It twists to function towards the side from there.
rymann
yes u r right i have a 71 and a 75 the 75 has the retracter mount there the 71 has it down on the bottom by the seat
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(rymann @ May 14 2009, 09:36 PM) *

yes u r right i have a 71 and a 75 the 75 has the retracter mount there the 71 has it down on the bottom by the seat

Yep, that makes sense. I've never touched anything beyond 73-74s.
watsonrx13
QUOTE(tracks914 @ May 14 2009, 08:37 PM) *

Here's a link to my website that shows the location of the grounding bolt. It's on the side of the fender, between the large circular impression and the (2) hoses and underneath the forward relay panel mounting bracket... BTW, this is a '74 MY... Hope this helps...

-- Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.