Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How best to adjust valves for only one cylinder?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
I know it sounds crazy, but here's the deal: (long story)

A few weeks ago, my muffler hanger broke. I am running a kerry hunter header with a super trapp.

Car starts running like crap. The bouncing of the exhaust has wiggled the header off of the exhaust studs a little and air is getting in there.

Anyway, while I was under there fixing it, I did a valve adjustment. I think I messed up the passenger rear (3?) as I am getting a little popping in the carb on that cylinder. Euro911 and I looked at it and think that intake on that side might be a smidge tight.

Compression test on all cylinders shows them all that same.

I want to adjust just the intake on that cylinder. The KH header is a real pain to do valve adjustments with because I basically have to loosen the driver's side to get the valve cover off.

So is there a way to tell from the passenger side, without seeing the other side, if the intake on 3 is off the cam?

I know the best way to do this is to just do the whole job over, but I am trying to get it running to get to Irvine for C&C Saturday morning. That's about all the time I have available to be a part of the WCR.

Any tips/tricks are appreciated.
r_towle
when exhaust is opening, intake is closed.

Rich
KaptKaos
IPB Image

I feel stupid.

Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.